• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes. We're still rebuilding the database indexes, so searches won't be reliable for a few hours, but we feel it's more important to bring the forums back online. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post. Thank you for your patience.

Question Alexa + Chromecast?

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member
Obviously Amazon & Google won't support each other's systems but is there a third party box with Alexa & Chromecast?

Jamie

Distinguished Member
What exactly do you mean by Alexa? The voice assistant is what immediately comes to mind but what would you want this device to do.

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member
What exactly do you mean by Alexa? The voice assistant is what immediately comes to mind but what would you want this device to do.
Yes, Alexa voice assistant + Chromecast. I currently use a Dot for voice control of Harmony & Hive plus the output feeds my amp for Internet radio. I also have a Chromecast that's only used occasionally so it would be useful to combine the two boxes. An HDMI output would also be improvement over the 3.5mm analogue from the dot. Streaming apps, especially NowTV would be a bonus.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom