Alexa Bedtime Story Skill on multiple devices

Griffith400

Good evening,

I’m looking for advice on whether you can actually get Alexa to read a bedtime story on multiple devices at the same time?

We have 2 x Echo Dots in the kids bedrooms and 1 x Echo in the kitchen. I’ve created a group for the individually named Echo Dots and called it “Kids Room”.
However, Alexa refuses to read a bedtime story on both at the same time which, ironically, causes frustration and arguments rather then the planned relaxing for the kids at bedtime :-(

I can play music across both devices or “everywhere” but I only seem able to play a bedtime story on one device?

Am I doing something wrong or is there a limitation to this skill? I’ve googled without anything to suggest how or why it won’t work?

Steve.

Seb Briggs

Distinguished Member
What service are you using for the bedtime stories as not all services support multiple grouped Alexa devices

Griffith400

Hi Seb,

Thanks for the reply. We just use whatever comes free with our Amazon / Amazon Prime account. Don’t use any paid for service, I think it’s a free element of Audible?

Steve.

Griffith400

Nice one, thanks Seb. I’ll give it a try tonight for their bedtime.

I’ve never found anything online to highlight this as a restriction or bug. Clearly been an issue for years, you’d think they’d sort it given this is the exact sort of thing you’d want to group and organise the speakers.

Thanks pal.

Steve.

Griffith400

Still no joy, can happily play music on selected devices, in the kids rooms combined, kitchen or “everywhere” so I’ve got the devices setup properly but simply can’t get a bedtime story read on the two Kids Echo Dots?

Can’t do the manual process above as we don’t have an audible service listed.

Frustrated as it seems like an obvious thing it should do. It won’t let you read a story individually on them at the same time (it only lets one play at a time) but it also doesn’t seem to want to let you play the same story to the grouped speakers “kids room”?

Seb Briggs

Distinguished Member
Unfortunately it’s different for different services ie I believe bbc sounds also won’t allow playing in sync across multiple devices

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom