1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alesis ProActive THX 5.1 505W RMS

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Techtomic, Feb 13, 2004.

1. Techtomic

Techtomic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    [​IMG]

What does anyone think about this set-up? It looks like it'd fit my needs perfectly!

THX approved, incorporating Dolby Digital, DTS & Pro Logic II hardware decoding, wired and wireless remotes etc.

Can't find any references to them on the forum though, are they considered a no-go? An old Creative Desktop Theatre did the job for me pretty well but was only on loan from a mate.

Around the £210 mark plus P&P from Thomann:
    http://www.netzmarkt.de/thomann/thoiw2_artikel-165076.html

Or £240 in the UK at Intasound:
    http://www.intasound.com/proaudio/detail.asp?af=shopfinder&id=917&title=132&department=132&bn=6

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    As an upgrade to the freebies provided with a PC this is probably ideal as long as the room isn't too large

3. russraff

russraff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    Please note that these speakers are re-badged Logitech 680 THX speakers. Logitech are in the process of re-newing their lineup, so it may be possible to find the Logitech version cheaper.

You would be surprised at how loud these things can go. I have the cheaper and less powerful 560 version of these speakers and they are very potent. The speakers are remarkably good quality, too, especially the sub which performs something approaching REL Q150!

Go here for more info.

Russell