• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Aldi UK 47" 1080/p

Yant0

Established Member
• Fully HD ready with HDCP decoding and 2 HDMI inputs
(480i/p, 576i/p, 720i/p, 1080i/p)

• 1920 x 1080 resolution for ultimate HD compatibility
• Integrated digital tuner for receiving all free-to-air digital channels
• LG Philips Grade A+LCD panel
• 2 x HDMI sockets
• In plane switching
• Progressive Scan
• Teletext
• Viewing angle 178°/178°
• 1600:1 Contrast Ratio
• 550cd/m2 Brightness
• Aspect Ratio: 16:9
• Displayable colours: 16.7 million colours
• Response time: 8ms
• Input type: Analogue Tuner and Digital Tuner (DVB-T), AV
input (CVBS), S-Video input, PC input (D-Sub 15Pin), 2 x
Scart inputs (full/half), 2 x HDMI inputs
• 99 programmes
• Auto tuning system
• Sleep timer
• Audio Mute
• AVC (Automatic Volume Correction)
• Nicam stereo, 15W rms per channel digital audio
amplifers
• Picture-in-picture via external source
• Carton Dimensions: 1325mm (W) x 1030mm (H) x 485mm (D)
• TV dimensions: 1040mm (W) x 741mm (H) x 258mm (D)
• Weight: TV 53kg/in box 58kg
• Free tilting wall bracket worth up to £89.99
• Free 3 year guarantee and helpline worth up to £159.99

Yant0

Established Member
Looks quite good spec at £1100

Wont know the truth until its tested,
by then they all be gone :suicide:

dub007

Established Member
1600:1 Contrast Ratio

my 32 sammy has 5000:1 would have thought this would of been the same if not better being a newer tech lcd :eek:

rondha

Established Member

my 32 sammy has 5000:1 would have thought this would of been the same if not better being a newer tech lcd :eek:

I used to have Toshiba 42WLT66 with contrast ratio only 800:1, yet the picture quality and video were incredibly stunning.
I took a Sony 40V2500 for it's replacement, but the Sony picture quality was a total crap compare to my ex Toshiba, in addition the Sony HALO problem and double contour ghosting is a complete failure of Sony.
I missed my Tosh :(

I didn't say that Aldi will be a good TV,
I just want to point out that "contrast ratio" does not implicate picture quality and video processing, based on my experience on those 2 models.

__

bowler

Standard Member

Contrast ratios can be measured in different ways to make them seem better than the competition.

MAW

Banned
The contrast ratio is irrelevant, the brand name is not. For those of you new to this, or with very short memories, Aldi have in recent years sold a plasma, several other LCDs and a freeview PVR that I know of, and any rational person would have taken any of them back for the no quibble refund, as they were not fit for purpose. However, the world is full of less than rational people, so AV forums fills up with threads describing in horrible detail exactly what is wrong with them all, and Aldi's pathetic attemts to fix the problems, the long sagas of owners ups and downs, followed by harsh reality setting in, that they will never be fixed. There products are for the easily pleased, or those so wedded to buying cheap products and putting up with the consequences that they are blind to the grotesque faults. Don't say you were not warned. Do a search here in the LCD forum, the plasma forum and the Freeview forum if you don't believe me.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom