1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aldi Tevion 27" LCD spotted again in shop!

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by kawan2, Mar 31, 2005.

1. kawan2

kawan2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi!

My other half spotted the Aldi Tevion 27" LCD TV priced $599 this morning when he pop in to buy some stuff. I need some answers pretty quick as it is so difficult to digest the answers from the original thread which spans over 50 pages. Need to make a quick decision as the sets seem to disappear so quickly when it first appeared in Christmas.

I will use the tv (if I buy it) to do the following:

(1) Connect it to the sky+
    (2) Connect to DVD player
    (3) Connect to VCR player
    (4) Unlikely but won't like the option available just in case - play games

Will I get a decent picture to do all the above and also is HDTV compliant (ie. will work when sky decides to broadcast in high definition)?

Thanks.

2. Binternet

Binternet
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    The sonix is £100 less and gives a better picture in my opinion, if you can put up with loosing an extra inch. With my tevion i was getting huge ammounts of solarisation, motion blur and horibble skin tones.

3. Taz69

Taz69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    The Tevion offers a very good picture when set up correctly and also benefits from a 3yr warranty, the only thing is the rearward facing speakers make it sound a little hollow sometimes I find, I use it for a dvd player via Component, a Xbox via Component, Sky via my Tosh dvd rec then via Component, Telewest via non RGB scart which still gives a very acceptable picture. The only thing I can see no one is sure about yet and this is the case with many LCDS is the matter of 720p@50Hz for Sky HD TV. I watch football on Sky etc and I see very little motion blur if any, it really depends on the Broadcast being sent, this applies to most of the LCDS thou. I was looking at the Hitachi 28" due to being 720p compliant as it seems to be, but not even Hitachi can qualify this for me.

Taz

4. kawan2

kawan2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replies. I think I will stick with my CRT for the time being. Also, it will give me more time to save up for a better LCD TV. :)

5. SLIM

SLIM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hi m8 cant say i hade any off that but as side above you have to set it up correctly. You should take a look @ my pic's of the screen put's CRT'S to shame :smashin: