Aldi - Tevion 17'' Widescreen LCD TV

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by kawan2, Oct 26, 2004.

Tags:
  1. kawan2

kawan2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Aldi is selling the Tevion 17'' Widescreen LCD TV starting 28 Oct 2004 priced at £329.99.

This is the description:
    All-in-one TFT multi-media display * Nicam stereo * Excellent image quality without any disturbing noises * Ideal for connecting home entertainment and multi-media devices * Outstanding readability even in difficult lighting conditions * 160º angle of vision * 400:1 contrast radio * 400 Cd/m2 brightness * 1280 x 768 physical resolution * Teletext with ten page memory * Full screen display in the 16:9 and 4:3 mode* 100 programme storage locations and automatic station finding * Two 3.5 watt RMS built-in speakers * On screen display (OSD) * Multi-function IR remote control (batteries included) * Picture-in-picture function (in PC mode) * Weight: 6.5kg * Dimensions 520 x 303 x 72mm; 520 x 338 x 200 with stand.

Has anyone bought or heard of Tevion? Is this good value as a tv in the bedroom?

Thanks.

2. STOWITBELOW

STOWITBELOW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    I saw this & although it seems as cheap as any, didn't strike me as a conspicuous bargain. Tevion don't seem to have an English web presence. Aldi were selling their small Dvd players & I think they were Ok. The specs look similar to any of the other cheapies.......... So I'm no help & 'll shut up!

3. jon2099

jon2099

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I think Tevion are identical to Medion, in this case the MD2617, which is in turn identical to the Bush/Goodmans/Akai. One of the few LCD TVs of that size to have both RGB SCART and component inputs (with NTSC progressive support). Good price for it- next cheapest is Richer Sounds with the Goodmans GTV17W for £349.95.

4. busterdan

busterdan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Been into my local Aldi today (Thamesmead, SE London) and they had a few of these left for £279.99

Plus a couple of other further reduced items.... I dunno if the LCD still represents good value at the new price... obviously LCD prices have dropped further even since just October.