1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aldi/Medion bargain dig camera

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by parkender, Aug 29, 2003.

1. parkender

parkender

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys

Just seen an ad for a sale starting 4/9/03 for a Medion digital camera at Aldi for a bargain £69.99, 2 megapixel, 3.1 megapixel with 4x dig zoom, 1.5" colour screen, mic, 16mb internal flash memory etc etc. Now I'm new to the dig camera game and I'm not looking for superb quality pictures but just something that takes pictures and video that I can download on to my PC and not worry about losing in Florida next year because it's so cheap.
    OK I know it looks crap - do you think it's worth the risk?

http://www.aldi-stores.co.uk/specials_01_11/offers_nav.htm

Your cheesily

The decline of British Sea Power

2. m@rk

m@rk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +360
    A quick google brings back loads of results but all in german.

At £69 what's the worse that can happen. With 2mp, the quality should be okay even assuming cheap optics.

The question you need to ask is am I going to be taking it. If your trip to Florida is a trip of a lifetime, then you are going to want to be 100% sure that your photos are good.

Of course if you buy it now and find out it isn't very good, you still have time to buy another one.

So if you can afford to write of £69 if it turns out to be not very good, go for it.

3. tonytryout

tonytryout

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if I were you, I would pay 20 or 30 pounds more for a decent digicam that also includes optical zoom -- digital zoom in my opinion is hopeless.

If you are not bothered about losing your digicam, then you may want to consider looking at SiPix models (american manufacturer and you can get it from places like Amazon and big John Lewis stores).