1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aldi 5.25 Megapixel Digicam £179.99

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by Nottman, May 17, 2004.

1. Nottman

Nottman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Aldi are offering this from Thurday 20th, spec. below. Anyone have any further info?

Digital Camera £179.99

5.25 Mega Pixel digital camera, lightweight aluminium body, 4x digital zoom, 3x optical zoom, 1.5" LCD screen, 128MB memory card included, movie mode with sound, 2 long life Lithium ion batteries, autofocus, 9 photographic modes, self timer, 3 mode flash, video output with TV connection, USB output with PC connection. Includes pouch, bag with belt loop, USB cable, video/TV cable, Driver software, picture editing software, Combination AC Adaptor/Charger. 128MBcard will hold up to 54 pictures in maximum resolution and up to 1536 pictures in minimum resolution

2. forrestgump

forrestgump

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    mate.what more info do you want, all the specs are there, 5 mp for £180.00 nuff said

3. Nottman

Nottman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Have to admit, certainly looks very good on the face of it. I seem to remember a previous offer which was compared, very favourably, with another camera from a well-known brand. I think the Aldi version was a clone...just wondered if anyone had any inside info along the same lines.

4. JohnS

JohnS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Is it pig ugly though?

5. SolarBurn

SolarBurn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Usually deals like this use cameras with very poor electronics and ccd's and take way too long to start taking a picture and then usually require longer exposure times to actually aquire it aswell making the camera useless for capturing a moment

6. Sigismund

Sigismund

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +102
    Perhaps Nottman is interested in picture quality?

I think this is a very similar camera (if not identical) to the Toshiba PDR 5300 which got a very poor write up here.

I suppose that if it is identical it is still possible that any issues with the camera have been sorted... and as long as Aldi's returns policy is reasonable (i.e. if the camera turns out to be pants) then it may be worth taking a chance. That review kind of puts me off, though.

7. Nottman

Nottman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks for that SolarBurn, the review Sigismund pointed me to showed that you were spot on. Yes, the Aldi model is identical to the Olympus - thanks Sigismund, I think I'll pass