Alcohol Consumption

• Thread starter Deleted member 30535
  • Start date

How many units of alcohol per week do you drink?

• Less than 3

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Up to 10

Votes: 21 17.5%
  • Up to 30

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • Up to 60

Votes: 18 15.0%
  • Up to 90

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • Over 90

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 30535

Just read this article in which it reports that children between 11 and 13 have increased their weekly alcohol consumption to over 10 units.

If a glass of 12% ABV wine is about 1.5 units, and a pint of 5% ABV beer is about 3 units, how much alcohol do you consume per week? If you have some unusual tipples, here is a calculator you can use to convert.

I've put up a poll to help collate the results. I hope I've got the banding right! As much as Signs, Woodywizz, Pave, Abbeygoo and Kieron will testify that I can knock back a few :D, I am mostly abstemious apart from birthdays and other celebrations. So I'd put myself down as less than 1 unit per week averaged over the year. What about the adults of this country? Can you keep up with the kids?!!

20-40 Units a week average. 80 Maximum if there's an event or two. All time personal best (worst) 160 odd in a long weekend.

Where is the poll, or is it invisible? :D

I drink about 10-12 a week, unless i've a competiton coming up, then it'll be zero units for the 6 weeks before hand.

I used to be a heavy drinker, having at least a few pints of Stella each night. But now I've been 14 weeks without alcohol and I'm seeing how long I go before I break down and think "One pint won't do any harm".

I can't say I feel any "fresher" like a lot of people say when they detox but I've lost a good bit of weight.

I used to be a heavy drinker, having at least a few pints of Stella each night. But now I've been 14 weeks without alcohol and I'm seeing how long I go before I break down and think "One pint won't do any harm".

I can't say I feel any "fresher" like a lot of people say when they detox but I've lost a good bit of weight.

Look on the bright side, when you start drinking again you'll be a light drinker!! ;) :D

add one for zero

IMO - alcohol and other mind altering substances turn people into morons, alters the consumers personality and is responsibile for many of societies ill's.

i've never felt the need to use drugs - and have yet to hear a good reason...

sorry if my comments offend anyone

IMO - alcohol and other mind altering substances turn people into morons, alters the consumers personality and is responsibile for many of societies ill's.

I'll think you'll find that people who are morons after drinking, are usually morons before they start drinking, and just turn into bigger morons after consuming alcohol.

About 3-4 times a week I'll have 14-20 units a time. (only really drink 4% strength beer in UK)

Used to be far more...........

I'll think you'll find that people who are morons after drinking, are usually morons before they start drinking, and just turn into bigger morons after consuming alcohol.

Indeed.

i've never felt the need to use drugs - and have yet to hear a good reason...

sorry if my comments offend anyone

If that's the sort of daft comment that teetotallers come out with I'm glad that I'm not one of the holier than thou brigade.

Poll bandings don't look too bad! I had to have an "over 90" as I know Pave hasn't visited yet! :hiya: Sorry m8, just kidding!

If that's the sort of daft comment that teetotallers come out with I'm glad that I'm not one of the holier than thou brigade.
:smashin: Spot on.

MJN, was spot on too. You can see them as soon as you walk into a bar - and thus try and keep as far away from them as possible. Preferably the pub will have a lounge and saloon and you can always leave one and go into the other if it's quieter. I've always found that a great escape, as the real D-heads used to hang around in one of those, not both, where I drink regularly.

On the original survey, I have to ask how did they test the accuracy of that? Kids are notorious for exaggerating how much they drink, smoke, whatever if it's seen as being 'hard'. I don't doubt there is a very real problem, but, having seen the kids in the park getting whapped on a can of lager I doubt very much they'll be among those 'hard drinkers' in that survey............. ;)

Currently less than 3, as I'm on a massive health effort. It does pay dividends whilst also saving money.
But I do feel the need to get major beers in during this saturdays football/rugby.

Up to 90 in a normal week but defo over 90 when ever there is a Scotland home game :D

Bring on Saturday :clap:

Skip

having seen the kids in the park getting whapped on a can of lager I doubt very much they'll be among those 'hard drinkers' in that survey............. ;)

A 440ml can of 5% beer is just over 2 units, so about one can per night is not that much out of the question for the "youth of today" is it?

Up to 90 in a normal week but defo over 90 when ever there is a Scotland home game :D

Bring on Saturday :clap:

Skip

Er...30 pints a week?

Er...30 pints a week?

I once worked with a guy who would regularly knock back 5 pints every lunchtime. I don't know what he consumed when he left work, but all I know is I'd hate to have his drinking bill and problem!

what is more daft - seeking momentary satisfaction from drugs, or lasting happiness..??

I once worked with a guy who would regularly knock back 5 pints every lunchtime. I don't know what he consumed when he left work, but all I know is I'd hate to have his drinking bill and problem!

And waistline!

what is more daft - seeking momentary satisfaction from drugs, or lasting happiness..??

Are you saying that if you drink, you cannot have lasting happiness?

Not quite that bad, but do like to chill with a few beers in the house at night.

Don't get rat a***d every night, then i would never make work in the morning to make more beer tokens:D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom