Album Covers

Mike-M

Prominent Member
Reaction score
When Media center cannot find an album cover and adds a default pic I have tried scanning the cover and using this instead. I have tried a number of formats and sizes but out of around 10 tried only two seem to have worked. The one's that have worked are exactly the same as the one's that hav'nt. Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong ??

You'd be better of using album art fixer than going to the trouble of scanning in covers: http://www.avsoft.nl/ArtFixer/default.htm

But for information, Windows will use a file called folder.jpg for the cover art that needs to be placed in the folder where the album tracks are. To link the file to the tracks as well as the album you'll need to go into Advanced Tag Editor from within Windows Media Player and assign the folder.jpg to the Picture tag.

I have added the pic's as you describe (as .jpg) and the frustration is that as I said two have worked but for some reason the others won't. Although they show up when browsing the drive they don't show up in Media Centre.
I did'nt know about "art fixer" I'll give that a go

Try this,

Right click on the folder containing the album, left click properties.
Click on the Customize tab, and click on chose picture.
Select the desired picture. And click ok.

That seems to sort those unruly albums out for me.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom