Album Art Question - Arghhhh!!!!

retep

Standard Member
Reaction score
hi
i have hundreds of albums and they mainly sit on my media center computer in the front room.
I have spent alot of time getting them all sorted with artwork etc.

I am just adding some more albums, firstly i rip them into folders (320kps mp3) I then use "Album Art Fixer" to locate the artwork mainly from google images, but this programme drives me nuts, it is very good but confuses me sometimes by asking the same question over and over and sticking files all over the place.
Is there an "easy" way to grab album art? I have used itunes 7 but it doesn't find all the artwork and i don't know where it stores the artwork, i need it to be in the folder with the tracks so when i transfer them to my media center computer everything stays together.

hope someone can advise.

thanks

In itunes you can copy the album art from the album art that is showing in itunes then saved that via a image software to the folder of your choice. Then store it as folder.jpg. This will then show as a thumbnail in media player also. (right click and copy from itunes.)

Try mediamonkey also!

Getting somewhere slowly, mediamonkey is a great little programme but does it allow you to choose your own art? I have some albums that can't be found on the amazon sites but the image is on google images, can't seem to find out if i can use my own art with this programme.
If i can my problems sloved.

thanks

Album Art Aggregator, or Album Art Downloader.

I prefer the second, but both are pretty good little apps.

I recommend Album Art Downloader too. Nothing against Album Art Aggregator, I just haven't tried it. AAD does everything quite simply and quickly.

I've tried the automated route and I simply wasn't happy with the results. Ended up doing it the hard way, searching on google, resizing to standard, sharpening sometimes, and embedding in every track. Works a treat, but not a quick solution. Though today is a big day. I got to the end of my collection. :thumbsup:

Album Art Aggregator, or Album Art Downloader.

I prefer the second, but both are pretty good little apps.

Does album art downloader update the Tags with album art or does it just do the Win Media player folder.jpg?

I need an app that updates the tag information as this is what my N91 phone uses to display album art.

Does album art downloader update the Tags with album art or does it just do the Win Media player folder.jpg?

I need an app that updates the tag information as this is what my N91 phone uses to display album art.

It embeds it in the Tags, and can add as folder.jpeg etc.

Give it a go (it's free). You should be able to tell after one track if it works for you.

It embeds it in the Tags, and can add as folder.jpeg etc.

Give it a go (it's free). You should be able to tell after one track if it works for you.

Well i tried it......and didn't like it. Slow, clunky and just not nice .

But....after months of trying different cover art apps (must have tried at least 30+!) I found this.

http://louhi.kempele.fi/~skyostil/projects/albumart/

Lovely lovely simple fast cover art downloader that really works.

Go into the options and choose what you want it to write (Tags/Jpg's etc..)

Best i've found by a long way.

I just use the Zune software, it downloads all the artwork automatically and gives you a very neat library. You can search for alternative artwork and paste it in. You dont even have to have a Zune to use it and you can download it for free.:D

Thanks Uridium, will check that out. I'm always looking for better album art software!

But....after months of trying different cover art apps (must have tried at least 30+!) I found this.

Thanks, I'll have a look at that also.:thumbsup:

Getting somewhere slowly, mediamonkey is a great little programme but does it allow you to choose your own art? I have some albums that can't be found on the amazon sites but the image is on google images, can't seem to find out if i can use my own art with this programme.
If i can my problems sloved.

thanks

Yes, you can add your own art quite easily in Mediamonkey. Firstly save the image that you want to use as folder.jpg in the same folder as the tracks to which it relates. Then, in Mediamonkey, highlight the album which you want to update and right-click the album-art pane, selecting "Add Image". You then browse to the folder.jpg file and select it. You will then be asked if you want to link the tracks to the image file or save it to the track tags. I've just started using Mediamonkey to archive my collection to FLAC, and this method has been particularly useful for albums by The Charlatans as in the USA they're known as The Charlatans UK, and the Amazon images show this name, but I've been able to grab the images from my Google searches (or even from a home-scanned image). Hope this helps.

I've got a question regarding album art, I've got 300+ Albums all tagged correctly in their own directories with a corresponding folder.jpg for cover art.

I now want to embedded my cover art into the tags, will any app allow me to point to my music collection, remove any existing embedded album art and then add in the folder.jpg found in the same directory as the current album?

I have a feeling I'm going to have to do this manually but an automated tool would be great.

Thanks.

Hello! The link for the program is no longer working? anywhere else I could get hold of this? Cheers!

I have been looking for a nice simple tool and Album Cover Art Downloader is great, only tried it on a few albums as the HTPC is packed ready for moving looking forward to finally getting cover art for my collection

try here

http://www.mp3buzz.net/index.php/2006/02/01/album-art-how-to-2/
see comment made 25 feb

i think this is the same as everyone is talking about, ive downloaded with no issues

Yup that's the one. all of my 1000 albums now happily art tagged.

Found it throws up a few bugs if some of the existing tags have any non ASCII characters in them but this was easily corrected by retagging the problematic ones using Jtagger (nice free Java based batch tagging app)

hi guys,

with album art downloader - i find it will download album art for albums no problem and insert the folder jpeg, if i want to embed the art in the tags, i have to expand each album before downloading the art, trouble is i want to do this for all my albums at once. Is there a setting in album art to applie album art to all tracks in album or folder?

Cheers,
Mick

hi guys,

with album art downloader - i find it will download album art for albums no problem and insert the folder jpeg, if i want to embed the art in the tags, i have to expand each album before downloading the art, trouble is i want to do this for all my albums at once. Is there a setting in album art to applie album art to all tracks in album or folder?

Cheers,
Mick

That's odd. I embed the art into my tags but do not create the folder.jpg and it automatically expands each album automatically when i click to apply. :confused:

how do you configure it to embed in the tags and not create the folder art?

cheers,
mick

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom