Question Alba TV, Model: ASELKDVD2288 program Code for R.C.

john29

Novice Member
Hi,
I would greatly appreciate if someone out there could advise me, how to find the program code, to program a Universal Remote Control, for my
Alba TV, Model ASELKDVD2288. (The TV set is a 22inch Combi TV/DVD LED TV)
My universal Remote Control is an L336 Learning Remote Control or I also have available a
Philips Universal remote control, SBC RU 545.
I have tried different codes, provided by various groups, but nothing has worked to date.
The TV is over five years old but gives a very good performance both as a TV and DVD player.
I very much appreciate any help you can provide to solve this problem.

John29

[email protected]

Been a while since I've seen one but don't you have to programme the learning remotes by placing them 'head to head' (for want of a better description) with the remote you are trying to copy so they can scan the original remotes functions as buttons are pressed? Don't think they have code entry.
You say you have tried the codes from various groups for the Philips. Are these the same codes as highlighted for Alba in the manual? Pages 82-90.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
As [email protected] states you can only program the learning remote with a working version of the original remote and as you're requesting help I presume the original is faulty or you don't have it.
You need to enter two different codes when using a universal remote with a TV/DVD Combi, one for the TV section and one for the DVD.
Try all codes listed for Vestel and Technika.
If you've had no luck with all the TV codes listed for Alba use the code search function...details of how to do that will be listed in the booklet supplied with the universal remote.

john29

Novice Member
Thanks, [email protected] and JayCee.
Yes, the original Alba remote control has gone missing and the instructions which came with the new learning remote control (L336) are sparse, to say the least. The instructions are most likely a google translation from a Chinese document.
I have programmed universal RCs before, this was the first one which instructed me to align the two remotes (the original and the new one) which if I had in my possession, I wouldn't need the new one. Incidentally, I already purchased another remote control, an Rm-Series, supposedly programmed for the Alba ASELKDVD2288 (via Amazon) but was of no use at all; it didn't turn the TV on or off. I should have returned it to the seller, but time slipped by (six months) and still no TV working.
With three RCs and a non-functioning TV it could be a long Winter!!!! Perhaps I should just recycle it, but it was a great unit. I do try to be a conservationist, hence my reluctance to dispose of a TV that has provided such enjoyment in my work-shed.
Bosse, what manual are you referring to?
JayCee, you suggested I try the codes for Vestel and Technika brands. Are these brands related to the Alba brand?
Sincere thanks again for your suggestions, I will work on those and see what comes up. If anyone else can help solve this problem it would be much appreciated.
john29

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Turkish manufacture Vestel produce TV's under various brand names, Alba, Bush, Technika, Hitachi etc.

[email protected]

John
If you Google SBC EU 545, the first 4 or 5 entries are manuals for the unit such as this one
Philips SBC RU 545 Manuals

Pages 82-90 have code lists for various manufacturers and is broken down by devices.
You said you had codes from various groups but I assume the manual may be the most comprehensive. Worth a shot.

john29

Novice Member
Thanks again guys, I will do a bit of work over the weekend and let you know of my success or failure. Have a good weekend.

john29

Novice Member
Thank you JayCee, but I am unable to do a new install to adapt to a change in the frequency of the broadcast signal, which came into effect, here on March 2019. I did spend a lot of time trying to retune using the buttons on top of the set, without success.
There is a "Freeview tuner built-in to the TV set" however, it doesn't suit the broadcast signal in Ireland. which is a (DTV -T2 MPEG2/4) i.e. Freeview in the UK is not compatible with Freeview in Ireland; which is termed Saorview. I use a "Saorview Box" to receive the signal, but unless I have the remote control, I an unable to do the install/retuning process. Perhaps I am not explaining the technicalities of my problem very well, hopefully, you can follow my explanation, as I describe it.
Sincere thanks again for your interest and help. It might be worth returning to the Alba TV set and see how far I can go using the buttons to complete the new install/tuning process. Not very hopeful without the remote.
Regards,

JayCee

Distinguished Member
I use a "Saorview Box" to receive the signal, but unless I have the remote control, I an unable to do the install/retuning process. Perhaps I am not explaining the technicalities of my problem very well
I'm confused.
Do you require the remote control for this “Saorview” box or the TV?

john29

Novice Member
Hi JayCee, it is the remote control for the Alba TV which I require. I need to retune that TV which in effect is to do a channel search. The TV was working perfectly until the Saorview frequency changed in March 2019. It was at that point I realised the Alba RC was missing.
Once the Alba TV is retuned, I could manage without the RC for everyday use, but it is essential for to carry out the retune/install which I must do to get back my Saorview (FreeView) channels.
I hope this clarifies the situation for you. Sincere thanks again for all your input to date.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
You've stated you use an external Saorview box.
If this is connected to the TV via HDMI or Scart you do not need to retune the TV.

john29

Novice Member
Thanks for your very prompt response.I will tackle it later this evening and see the what happens!!! Thanks again JayCee.
I will keep you informed on the outcome.
Regards,
John29