1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

alba rdvd 1002

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by gordon115, Oct 25, 2005.

1. gordon115

gordon115

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Argos are selling these dvd recorders at £80.
    All I want one for is to stand it alone and copy my Sony camcorder tapes onto dvd. Can I do this using the av inputs and the lead provided with the camcorder?
    Can i do the same using my digital camera? Also can I use DVD+R to record on?
    Sorry if I sound a bit thick but I'm new to all this Thanks

2. jjames

jjames

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes there is no reason why you can't do this.

I don't think this particular unit has DV inputs but you will be able to connect the white/red/yellow phono inputs into the front of the Alba no problem.

You don't mention the type of camcorder you have. If it's a digital one you might be better served with a DVD recorder with DV input (slightly better picture/sound quality)) but the Alba will serve its purpose perfectly well.

As for the digital camera, I'm not sure how exactly you'd be wanting to connect this. Do you have movie clips on the camera you want transferring to DVD? If so, then yes, these will transfer across (although it might be better to do this on a PC). If it's pictures, then no it will not copy the individual JPGs over, you'll need a PC burner for that (CD burner's fine, pictures don't take up too much space).

3. gordon115

gordon115

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    My camcorder is a digital one (Sony DCR-HC14 mini dv) the leads I use for transfering to VHS are the red/yellow/white ones you mention through a scart adaptor.
    As for the digital camera I want to only transfer still photos.I tried this in the same way as the camcorder to transfer to VHS and it worked.

4. lurcher

lurcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    Was in Asda this morning and they have a cyberhome dvd recorder for £80 with dv in.
    Might be better capturing wth this socket than composite.

5. bazz7777777

bazz7777777

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i was thinking about buying this one(alba rdvd 1002) , any comments anybody have it?, is it any good?, is it worth the money?, please help before i buy it

6. KDH

KDH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  7. bazz7777777

bazz7777777

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  8. homgro

homgro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i bought the Alba rdvd 1002 from Argos last week..
    am recieving Tv/freeview channels with no problem but completely baffled as to why it plays some Dvds(feature films) but not others..don't think it's a region-code problem cos all the Dvds ive tried are same region..
    also, a friend has identical Dvr and the same Dvds play fine on theirs, albeit their set-up link with the telly is different from mine..
    my setup is: wall-ariel into freeview...freeview-rf-scart out into Dvr..Dvr-rf-scart out into Vcr..Vcr-rf out into telly.
    will someone please forward a suggestion..
    thanks! in anticipation of a reply.