Alas need to replace phone, my needs aren't the 'norm'

rpr

Good moanin'

Alas my Nokia 7+ has developed a known fault for a second time, the usb port is loose again, it was repaired under warranty once and I can't really see the point in another repair as there's the real liklyhood it'll fail again.

Looking at possible replacements but looking at most reviews all they seem bothered about is the camera, something that doesn't really bother me as I use a DSLR for most of my photography. I do need a micro SD card slot as I tend to have a large number of FLAC & mp3 files on my phone plus decent sound quality would be good. With a budget up to say £300 any suggestions

Distinguished Member
No advice on the phone yet,but if I were you I would buy a set of magnetic USB charging/data cables to save wear on the usb port for your next phone.
Amazon product
These are the ones I bought,plenty of others available.

rpr

I didn't even realise such things existed, cheers for the info

RicksonGracie1972

Distinguished Member
Good moanin'

Alas my Nokia 7+ has developed a known fault for a second time, the usb port is loose again, it was repaired under warranty once and I can't really see the point in another repair as there's the real liklyhood it'll fail again.

Looking at possible replacements but looking at most reviews all they seem bothered about is the camera, something that doesn't really bother me as I use a DSLR for most of my photography. I do need a micro SD card slot as I tend to have a large number of FLAC & mp3 files on my phone plus decent sound quality would be good. With a budget up to say £300 any suggestions
Have you an affinity to any particular makes?
I just bought a Samsung A52s brand new, sim free, for £288 to replace my old Samsung S9. So far I haven't noticed any difference between this and Samsung's Flagship models costing 2 to 3 times more

rpr

Have you an affinity to any particular makes?
I just bought a Samsung A52s brand new, sim free, for £288 to replace my old Samsung S9. So far I haven't noticed any difference between this and Samsung's Flagship models costing 2 to 3 times more
So long as the phone isn't full of bloatware, my Nokia is Android One so pretty vanilla android wise.

RicksonGracie1972

Distinguished Member
So long as the phone isn't full of bloatware, my Nokia is Android One so pretty vanilla android wise.
I think Samsung's usually are "full of bloatware" but this makes no difference to my usage

vacant

the usb port is loose again

Interesting. I have a Nokia 2.4 and noticed the port seems a bit loose but no problems yet. I do use the port quite a bit as I have a 128GB microSD card with a FLAC music collection and listen using a Cyrus SoundKey USB DAC.

Maybe I should switch to listening through my Lenovo tablet ... or just use the Nokia until it breaks, not an expensive phone.

rpr

Interesting. I have a Nokia 2.4 and noticed the port seems a bit loose but no problems yet. I do use the port quite a bit as I have a 128GB microSD card with a FLAC music collection and listen using a Cyrus SoundKey USB DAC.

Maybe I should switch to listening through my Lenovo tablet ... or just use the Nokia until it breaks, not an expensive phone.
It's a known fault on the 7+. I use the port quite a bit as I use Android Auto

rpr

No advice on the phone yet,but if I were you I would buy a set of magnetic USB charging/data cables to save wear on the usb port for your next phone.
Amazon product
These are the ones I bought,plenty of others available.

Well I bought some magnetic cables, the plug part is a firm, snug fit and seems to have fixed the issue I currently have for now, saves me buying another phone which is good. Thank for the info once again

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom