Alarm and CCTV

Discussion in 'Smart Home, Climate Control & Security Forum' started by Smashie1, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Smashie1

Smashie1
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I will shortly be moving to my new (1930's) house and it has not currently got an alarm. My current house has one and I would like to get one professionally installed in my new place.
    I was looking at the Texecom stuff as I can go for a mix of Wireless (Ricochet) and Wired. What do you think of this system? Is it good or should I be looking at something else? The wireless part of it from reading seems to be very good. I would not go for monitored, but would require the alarm to be able to notify me with which sensor was tripped (probably don't need this but I like bells and whistles).

In addition, this place does not have a garage, just a huge driveway and a shed. I therefore want to install CCTV cameras. I am thinking of 2 at the front which will cover my ground floor office and the driveway (with occasional caravan) and 2 at the back to cover the shed and the entrances. As I have no garage, all the stuff such as bikes, roofbox, tools etc will be in the shed
    Until I move in I do not know exactly on the setup that I would go for on the cameras, but I was thinking of 1 providing an overview of the area and 1 giving a narrower coverage so as to be able to identify people. At the end of the day I do not need the detail of them trying to break in if I can get that detail when they approach. I would be looking at retaining 2-3 weeks of data and would like remote access via Android/iPad (2Tb?).
    I am hoping that approx £1k will be enough for the hardware (CCTV). There will also be PIR lighting at both front and back. What would you guys suggest for this? So far I have seen stuff on on cctv42.co.uk and cctvdirect.co.uk, but not sure if either would suit my needs. I do not want to go for a PC/Laptop based solution.
    Thanks for reading. Looking forward to your comments.

Dave

2. z3r0c00l

z3r0c00l

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    I've had a Pyronix Enforcer alarm system fitted now for a few years and been immensely impressed with it! It can be configured with remote monitoring if needed although when it comes to bells and whistles I tend to use the RFID tags to set/unset. also have a tag configured to only set part of the system, which cannot be used to unset....handy for external areas!

3. Dondada69

Dondada69
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey, Texecom is very good but I'd say also have a look at the Visonic Powermax Complete before you make your decision. It is very versatile and expandable.

4. Ianandanne

Ianandanne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I love Visonic, lots of great features.