Alan Partridge tonight!!!

G

GreyTruth

Who watched tonights episode? This was bloody hilarious!! The bit in Alan's house with south african guy made me cry with laughter!! The hanging lights made of torches!! The wonkey table that was a toilet door!! Classic stuff!!

Missed it, the clock on my VCR (Very Cack Recorder) decided to put itself an hour forward and messed up a whole evenings viewing.:(

Anyone know if this will be repeated, perhaps on BBC choice?

I actually had trouble sleeping last night.
Every time I closed my eyes, I saw him retching on the podium after standing on the spike. Never laughed soooo much in ages. Partridge and The Office, who could ask for more.:cool:

Excellent episode.
The ending was hilarious and I was literally crying with laughter, my girlfriend thought I went nuts :)

I've been an AP fan right from the start and, much as I love Steve Coogan usually, I have to say that of last night's 30 minutes, only the 5 minutes with him presenting the 'talk' was funny. The rest just wasn't up to standard.

BTW - repeated - BBC Choice, 9.30, Thursdays.

The show did seem to lag in a few places, but definitely provided some very funny moments. Michael really shined in this one, with his whole "helicopter" rant standing out.

Also, am I imagining it, or was the laugh track toned down? Everywhere I read feedback about the first episode people were complaining that the laughter was too loud. Looks like they actually listened.

Originally posted by Azrikam
Also, am I imagining it, or was the laugh track toned down?

I thought it was still way too intrusive. AP doesn't need a canned soundtrack.

You're right about Micheal's helicopter monologue, the ending was pure class (especially Alan's expression!)

The whole catchphrase thing has worn a bit thin already.

In the first series "Kiss my face" and "Jurassic Park" were used only one or twice each in the entire series.

Now he's had "Cashback", "Back of the net" and "Jacka nacka nory" by the end of the second episode. It's a bit more forced.

Still some great stuff in there, but after The Office, I think my expectation levels were set too high.

Spiceworld!

Originally posted by michaelm
Spiceworld!
I laughed so hard I nearly broke a rib falling off the sofa. The whole showdown with the South African guy was histerical.

YOU KANT!!!! LMAO :D :D

Originally posted by juboy
I thought it was still way too intrusive. AP doesn't need a canned soundtrack.

Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer silence. But, it did seem less annoying than the 1st ep.

Wasn't as good as the first episode but still pretty funny. The whole thing with the spike and the vomit was grim to watch!

Loved all the scenes with the South African from Dante Fireplaces and Michael was superb as usual :D

I hope the BBC Shop will think about selling those Alan and Sonia scatter cushions and mugs :D :D

They interviewed the producer following the first episode (who's name I can never spell), and basically stated that he'd go back and review the laughter track.

The laughter is because it's filmed in front of a live studio audience, and his suggestion that it was possibly too loud because of audience excitement.

I have to say I think this series is extremely funny. It'll be hard to match expectations from the second series, and things like that have a habit of falling into caracatures of themselves, but as a show in its own right I laughed and felt just as uncomfortable as I always do.

Originally posted by js
The ending was hilarious and I was literally crying with laughter, my girlfriend thought I went nuts :)

My missus doesn't get AP either:confused: Women!

Better than the first episode which was awful.
At least there were a few funny bits in this episode, especially the end when he was being sick.:D

Not bad tonight, although Alan going back to Dan's house was reminiscent of the old 'you're a mentalist' sequence.

Funniest bit? 'Dan, Dan, Dan, Dan, Dan, Dan....'

Originally posted by GreyTruth
Who watched tonights episode? This was bloody hilarious!! The bit in Alan's house with south african guy made me cry with laughter!! The hanging lights made of torches!! The wonkey table that was a toilet door!! Classic stuff!!

Best line...

I say potato, you say "putdaydo". :D :D :D

MuFu.

Do Lexus owners really refer to them as Lexii? :D

Best episode yet, that girl friend is so strange - he really deserves her!

It was definitely back on form and the best of the series to date.

"Classic intercourse"

Originally posted by danny-p
Is big al out on dvd or planned for the future??
For the first series try HERE .

Extra's are
Commentary by Alan Partridge and his PA Lynn Benfield
Commentary by Steve Coogan, Armando Iannucci and Peter Baynham
Add-On Alan (Out-takes and deleted scenes)
Unused Alan (an improvised deleted scene)
Cast and crew biographies
Photo gallery
Scene selection
Regions

The current series will probably be about 9 - 12 months (just in time for next christmas).

first series was out monday

I didn't know it was being released until about 2 weeks ago

It was originally released ages ago but aparently deleted because of faults it was going on ebay for a small fortune not long ago

Not sure if this release is the same with the problems sorted or completely new

The menus are very weird the dvd ask you a question when you first load it up answering no leads to very somethings which are quite frankly bizarre

not watched the 2nd disk yet

I thought last night's episode was superb

that was textbook lynn

and what was going on inside Michael's house????

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom