Alan Clarke Compete Blu Ray set

theprestige

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I think 2016 is turning into the year of blu ray what with Rainer Werner Fassbinder's set coming out in March...and now, FINALLY, a comprehensive set of Alan Clarke's BBC films/programmes that's due out May/June from the BFI.

Dissent & Disruption: The Complete Alan Clarke at the BBC - Limited Edition 13-Disc Blu-ray box set
Includes all surviving BBC TV productions directed by Alan Clarke, extensive extra features (as detailed above), a comprehensive book with new essays and full credits, and an exclusive bonus DVD containing the seven surviving Half Hour Story episodes directed by Clarke: Shelter (1967), The Gentleman Caller (1967, previously considered lost), George’s Room (1967, previously considered partially lost); Goodnight Albert (1968), Stella (1968), The Fifty Seventh Saturday (1968) and Thief (1968, previously considered lost).
Release date: 23 May

Also on 23 May, The Firm will be released in a stand-alone Blu-ray edition, presenting the newly-discovered Director’s Cut and the original broadcast version in High Definition for the very first time.

Needless to say...I.Cannot.Wait.

I've never seen Clarke's early stuff, so this set is very tempting. I picked up the Blue Underground DVD set from a few years ago which had The Firm, Scum, Made in Britain and Elephant. Great set, hope that Blue Underground or the BFI get Elephant upgraded, an outstanding film.

This is now a bit over a hundred dosh on amazon.co.uk. I'd have been happy to pay 200 quid for this, but at that price it's s steal. This is a very definitive set of a majority of Clarke's work. Anybody who loves film (even though most of his stuff was made for television) owes it to themselves to buy this set.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom