1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AL24 Processing DVD Denon 3910 to Amp Denon 3805

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by BlackMeister, Feb 25, 2005.

Tags:
  1. BlackMeister

BlackMeister
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When I connected my 3910 up to my 3805 through the Denon link, the blue light for the AL24 Processing went out (on the 3910) and the Denon link light came on. Have I set up the amp incorrectly to receive AL24 processing or is it the dvd player that is wrong, I thought that the 24 processing was the best way for the Denon to process sound (is this so just for CDs), does AL24 not work when using the Denon link, or is there a set up parameter I need to change?

2. MPK

MPK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    If you use Denon Link the 3805 will do the processing instead of the 3910. So the AL24 light on the 3805 should come on. If not, make sure you have all the Digital In settings correctly set up as well as "Auto" in the setting where you tell the 3805 what kind of signal is coming in (PCM, Analog, Multi, etc.).

Does that work?

3. BlackMeister

BlackMeister
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks,

Will try 2nite, just presumed that the AL24 light on the dvd would stay on, as the dvd always needs to be connected to some sort of amp. As for the AL24 processing, I guess this is just something that goes on in the background in conjunction with whatever sound mode is set up on the amp.

4. MPK

MPK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    well, depending on your setup, the processing is either done in the DVD player (i.e. when you have it connected to an amp via analog connection) or in the amp (i.e. when you have it connected via digital connection). Usually you have the signal processed in which ever unit has the better DAC. In your case I guess they're probably the same, so I would also go for the digital link. And yes, it happens in the background and I don't think you can switch it on/off. All you can do is switch it to Pure Direct, which switches off all unneeded circuitry.

5. BlackMeister

BlackMeister
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks MPK

Yes, had a look, when the sound is in stereo or direct mode the AL24 processing light comes on, on the 3805, as I enjoy listening to music in 5/7 ch Sound (I know this is not the purest way to listen to CDs) the AL24 processing light goes out.

Cheers for your help.