Al fresco dining - Leed's Style

johnaalex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh well, I suppose somebody has to go first...

Had a business trip to Leeds and luckily I had my camera to get this and some other candids :)

It is so nice to see a family dining together :D

Camera: Nikon D300
Exposure: 0.002 sec (1/640)
Aperture: f/2.8
Focal Length: 150 mm
Focal Length: 151.0 mm
ISO Speed: 400
Exposure Bias: 0 EV
Flash: No Flash

Date and Time (Original): 2009:11:05 13:23:18
Date and Time (Digitized): 2009:11:05 13:23:18

Click on the pic for large

Oh well, I suppose somebody has to go first...

Had a business trip to Leeds and luckily I had my camera to get this and some other candids :)

It is so nice to see a family dining together :D

Camera: Nikon D300
Exposure: 0.002 sec (1/640)
Aperture: f/2.8
Focal Length: 150 mm
Focal Length: 151.0 mm
ISO Speed: 400
Exposure Bias: 0 EV
Flash: No Flash

Date and Time (Original): 2009:11:05 13:23:18
Date and Time (Digitized): 2009:11:05 13:23:18

Click on the pic for large

Must be tourists - can't see the gravy:rotfl:

...and such a healthy meal too :D

Well done for being so brave with the first entry John :smashin:

BTW - is there a "concensus" on what time of day is "Dinner Time" ? - in some places "Dinner" means "Lunch" and others it means "Tea Time " or "Supper Time" :confused: - this really inportant guys/gals - wouldn't want to see any entries getting disqualified now :rotfl:

Jim

what time of day is "Dinner Time" ?

this is a very important question, since EXIF data show exact DTG when pictures is taken !!

And, what about the early cq late lunchers ???

C U
Rafael

...and such a healthy meal too :D

Well done for being so brave with the first entry John :smashin:

BTW - is there a "concensus" on what time of day is "Dinner Time" ? - in some places "Dinner" means "Lunch" and others it means "Tea Time " or "Supper Time" :confused: - this really inportant guys/gals - wouldn't want to see any entries getting disqualified now :rotfl:

Jim

Jim
The only criteria for entries is that the photograph must be taken by the poster and it is taken during the month of the comp, thats it.
You can interpretate the theme any way you want to, voting determines whether people think the entry fits the theme or not.
So relax and stick in whatever you think fits the theme:)

Jim
The only criteria for entries is that the photograph must be taken by the poster and it is taken during the month of the comp, thats it.
You can interpretate the theme any way you want to, voting determines whether people think the entry fits the theme or not.
So relax and stick in whatever you think fits the theme:)

"I knew that" :D

...some folk don't get my sense of humour "sometimes" - although some of the earlier posters obviously did :suicide:

Jim

She looks like she wants to kill you

No doubt had this been a photo of an Acton family they would have been sat at a chic pavement bistro, Gauloises in hand and sipping Perrier?

Why do southerners always have to portray people in the north as somehow backward? I was on a business trip to Croydon town centre recently. Well words fail me. What a grotesque and depressing place!

Ok. Rant over. That location would have been near Graveley's fish and chip shop in Leeds which is close to the markets and bus stops where, ahem, the buses to certain residential areas stop. Not quite the best part of Leeds centre.

No doubt had this been a photo of an Acton family they would have been sat at a chic pavement bistro, Gauloises in hand and sipping Perrier?

No, if it been Acton it would have been a doner kebab outside the bookies, puffing on a joint and swigging Diamond White. We know how to have fun here :cool:

Why do southerners always have to portray people in the north as somehow backward? I was on a business trip to Croydon town centre recently. Well words fail me. What a grotesque and depressing place!
Could not agree more about Croydon, but as to the views of us Southerners - give us a break. There was nothing in my original post that was derogatory so why did you take it so? :lease:

Ok. Rant over. That location would have been near Graveley's fish and chip shop in Leeds which is close to the markets and bus stops where, ahem, the buses to certain residential areas stop. Not quite the best part of Leeds centre.

You are right, it was outside Graveley's and the grub was OK too, but I prefer cod.

Could not agree more about Croydon, but as to the views of us Southerners - give us a break. There was nothing in my original post that was derogatory so why did you take it so?

It was just the reference to it being Leeds Style, which implied to me a belief that perhaps it wouldn't have happened elsewhere.:blush:

It was just the reference to it being Leeds Style, which implied to me a belief that perhaps it wouldn't have happened elsewhere.:blush:

I took the photos in Leeds - hence the title.

Why do southerners always have to portray people in the north as somehow backward?

[STIRING STICK]
Well they kind of are though aren't they?
[/STIRING STICK]
;)

so backward that Northerners invented most of the technological advances in the last century :rolleyes::rolleyes::rotfl:

P.S The pic could have been taken in any city north or south and looked the same

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom