• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

AKG450 or Goldring NS1000?

davejames

Established Member
I guess no replies means people dont have those ones to compare, if it were me & not choosing based on any reviews or anything like that id go for the AKG's, to me they look a little better than the Goldring, I also like the make better.

Phildick

Established Member
Both can be had for around the £50 mark which is the best or any better alternatives for similar price?

The Goldrings have active noise canceling the AKGs do not. So if you want noise canceling then it's a no brainer.

I have a pair of ns1000's and they are great on a plane etc where noise canceling is important. But for out right sound quality they are easily beaten by my Sennheiser hd228's which can be had for £30.

I have not heard the AKG's but I suspect they will sound better than the Goldrings too.

davejames

Established Member
Possible due to most of the cash going on the active noise cancelling rather than the drivers which are the most important part.

TheNameIsJambo

Distinguished Member
A decent set of closed-back headphones will suffice.

For £50, you can grab yourself a pair of Senns.

Have another browse and come back ;)

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom