AKG Y600nc Wireless Headphones Review & Comments

bogart99

Are we sure the ANC was working correctly as I have a pair of N60NCs and the ANC on these is as good as it gets in my opinion.

larkone

Distinguished Member
If a major feature such as ANC was not working properly how did they rate an 8/10?

larkone

Distinguished Member
I read the review twice and still don't get 8/10

larkone

Distinguished Member
So AKG Y600nc active noise cancelling headphones that fail at noise cancelling :thumbsup:

Steven

Senior Moderator
Interesting it supports AAC so plays nice with iOS but not Aptx HD which would play nice with Android... Including Samsung smartphones, or am I missing something ?!

😎

MaryWhitehouse

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
Not really. You just say it’s easy to turn off.
I don't say anything, it's not my review. But Greg explains his findings and says they are not for you if ANC is a top priority, but everything else is impressive.

larkone

Distinguished Member
I think the point is that they are advertised and sold as Active Noise Cancelling headphones ( AKG's latest set offers Active Noise Cancellation, AKG's reference sound,) and your review says that it doesn't work properly. I would have thought that a major feature that does not work would not qualify for such a high review score.

A key part of any review is to highlight issues and push back on manufacturers to improve a poorly implemented feature and not simply gloss over it like it is not important.

audiomonkey777

Standard Member
Mmmm agree with the comments re ANC. Seems a bit off as this is their key USP. Also disappointing is the limited codecs on offer.

dannnielll

I think the point is that they are advertised and sold as Active Noise Cancelling headphones ( AKG's latest set offers Active Noise Cancellation, AKG's reference sound,) and your review says that it doesn't work properly. I would have thought that a major feature that does not work would not qualify for such a high review score.

A key part of any review is to highlight issues and push back on manufacturers to improve a poorly implemented feature and not simply gloss over it like it is not important.
Possibly as a result of these Unfavourable reviews, these head phones are available at a discount . Ie got a set a few days ago from Currys at 98 euro , ...so at least 50% discount on the original price. I have a number of different headphones and ear pieces at this stage. , Including Sony 1000XM3 NC and two pairs of Sony MRD1R and MDR1RA , and a MJ2 from Michell and Johnson . I tend to pick up bargains , whether I need them or not
the AKG 600 is an excellent set of phones. extremely comfortable and extremely pleasant to listen to I find them better as headphones than the X1000Ms , but it is true that their sound cancellation is poorer. They are a very worthy alternative to the MDR 1R... The sound is different , if anything slightly fuller , but certainly not inferior. so at the 100 euro bracket, they are excellent value.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom