AKG N60NC wired - charge cable

router

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I seem to have lost my charging cable for my wired N60NC headphones and I am having trouble replacing it. I have tried 3 cables including an original charging lead for K495NC k840kL and supposed N60NC but none work. Is there anyone with a pair that can tell me what the pin configuration is on the cable so I can make my own as this is bugging me. They are obviously trying to save a few pennies by not putting a simple micro USB port on them and charging a fortune for a replacement cable which AKG are out of stock. Customer service hasent been any help either so I am hoping someone here can help.

thanks
Keith

I wondered this as well in case I want to make another cable myself, so here's the pinout I found:

T - NC
R - NC
R - Ground
S - +5V

I.e. the two audio L/R connectors are not connected, the ground goes to ground, and the mic is +5V.

Note that in the normal (non-charging) cable, the mic pin is not connected through to the headset at all, only to the inline mic and button. I guess this makes for a very simple charging design in the headset. The other pins in the normal cable are connected as expected for a TRS cable.

In theory it ought to be possible to make a cable that can charge and supply audio at the same time: use a normal TRRS with mic that goes to the device, but connect a +5v source above the mic that goes only to the headset, and connect all the grounds together. No guarantees it will work and not fry anything, but it should be fairly safe to try. It may cause noise in the audio depending on how clean the charging source is.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom