1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Akasa Fan control pro - Help

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by THFC, Jun 10, 2004.

1. THFC

THFC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Just got one of these 4 my new pc i am building.. The instructions for this are terrible.

If anyone has one or a similar fan controller can you help me with the following -

a) Where do i put the cpu temperature sensor. The obvious answer is between the P4 and the Sp94 heatsink amongst the arctic silver goo. I presume i don't use the tape provided. just place in between the two surfaces. But will this not hamper the heatsinks conductivity???

b) where do i put the hard drive sensors on a sata drive.

Sorry if this seems blatantly obvious to some. But this is not in the instructions which are lame. The website technical section is also not helpful - as it's under construction.

2. <<ERROR>>

<<ERROR>>
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't got one of those fan controllers, but my Thermaltake case has a CPU temperature sensor that goes to an LCD panel on the front. The instructions say to put it underneath the CPU, threading the (very thin) wires through the pins. It won't fit on my P4 because there isn't enough space in the middle where there are no pins.

As for the HDD sensors, I don't know. Most modern hard drives have their own temperature sensor - it is part of a package called SMART that can be enabled in the BIOS. I think that Motherboard Monitor can read those drives.