Akai ADR-5800Di

George74

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone bought the new Akai Adr-5800Di recorder? If so, comments would be appreciated. I am looking to buy a recorder around the £200 and I was set on buying the JVC DRM-10 until I read about the Akai. I have been put off the JVC somewhat because of the problems I have read about on this website. I have owned only one Akai product in the past and the damn thing worked perfectly until the very end of its life.

...another question if I may. Does anyone know what the different model numbers of the JVC DRM-10 are all about? There's a DRM10EBK and DRM10SLb. Any ideas?

Thanks

JVC are the third biggest consumer electrics company in the world: they created VHS, jointly developed DVD-RAM and produce some of the best low to mid market consumer electrics products going. Can the same be said for Akai? I know which I would rather have!

All that said there are more DVD recorders in the world other than the Akai and JVC - have a look at the 'Which DVD Recorder?' link in my signature. But for £200 you can buy yourself a decent DVD recorder. Some good examples are:
- Panasonic DMR-E55
- Samsung DVDR1000
- Hitachi DVDR7000

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom