AK70 download woes

Almighty D

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have recently purchased an Astell and Kern AK70 and a lovely thing it is. Using dbpoweramp I am reloading cds onto my PC in FLAC format then transferring them to the AK70. All was going well until a few days ago. When copying albums to the AK70 I get a message on my PC saying it cannot find the player or connection is lost and asking me to skip tracks. All cables and ports are fine and albums uploaded to my PC are 100% ok. Can anyone suggest if this is a problem with Windows, the AK70 or both. This is my first post so please be gentle. Thanks.

Have you tried rebooting your PC and/or the AK70? Disconnecting/re-connecting it?

Yes to both thanks. I think it may be a problem with Windows Onedrive. Going to try to refresh it. I hate computers!! Will let you know.

Access to a spare cable?

If the problem persists then maybe just put music on an SD card for now and put the SD card into the player, rather than putting music direct onto the built-in storage

Thanks for the replies. I think it's a software issue on my computer. Taking it to the pc hospital.

Can anyone tell me how to get my AK70 ll to recognise the ScanDisk Ultra 200GB microSDXC.
I have tried reformatting the memory card on my macbook pro to MS DOS FAT and EX FAT but still not working.
I have also done the Initialize Media Scan and Settings Reset on the AK70 ll but still not recognising the memory card, also still showing as full (56.56GB) but now I cannot find any of my music on the device.

Assuming no issues with reading files and seeing the full usable capacity on your computer,

It reads like the AK recognises the SD card in your description. Does the AK allow you to format the card with the player as if so then try that

Hi Steven, The problem I am having is that my AK does not recognise the SD card.

I can at least see my music now on the AK but the AK memory is full, this is why I need the SD card so that I can load the rest of my music onto the AK.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom