1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AJ Electronics

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by frog69, Dec 31, 2003.

1. frog69

frog69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone ever used AJ Electronics to buy a camcorder? If so have you any comments good or bad to make about their products & services? Thanks, as I'm considering making a purchase there and don't want to be stung.

2. melliott1963

melliott1963

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I bought my TRV33 from them - it came within a couple of days of ordering, so I'd have no hesitation in buying from them again.

I know other people have made comments about them on other threads, and I can't recall any which have been negative.

Hope this helps.

3. mulder

mulder
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I bought my Sony TRV19 from AJ electronics for £400 saving £200 off high street prices and it took just 2 days for delivery. Well pleased!!!

4. frog69

frog69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Lads,

that's put my mind at ease. By the way melliot how do you find the TRV 33 as this is the model I'm going for? I'll let you all know how I got on.

5. geeWcee

geeWcee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I have bought 3 TRV 33s from AJ Electronics now. First class delivery and an excellent camcorder.

6. melliott1963

melliott1963

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    frog69 - I've been really happy with my TRV33, as have most people on this forum who've got one.

About the only comment I would make is that the zoom button is very sensitive and the first few times you use it, you'll probably be zooming from wide to tele at about 100 miles per hour!!! However, once you've got used to it, it's quite easy to do slow zooms.

7. TraceyJ

TraceyJ
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I bought a Canon 650i for about £150 less than in the shops at the time. Had no problems with it so don't know about their after care.

8. frog69

frog69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for all your helpful comments. I'd heard of that zoom problem before but as you say with practice I'm sure I'll get the hang of it. Would any TRV33 owners have any advice on the essential accessories I would need to purchase with my camcorder? And if you have any advice on the best place to purchase, my eyes & ears are open. I'll keep you posted.