Aiwa XD-DW1 Portable DVD player - hacking??????!!!!!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Player Multiregion Hacks' started by Alexei, Dec 9, 2001.

1. Alexei

Alexei

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently bought an Aiwa portable DVD player, which has been brought from Singapore, to Russia. Strange things are happening with it.

1. Sometimes it plays 5th zone disk, sometimes not/
    2. It refuses to play anything except for region 0 disk.

Please, help me to make multizone
    It is a great pain to have a film, which is not playble on it.

2. Sick Note

Sick Note

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Hello Alexei you cold enough over there in Russia?anyway I hope this Region hack makes you a little warmer. 1.Open the drive lid and insert any disc, close the drive lid
    2. Open the drive lid, remove the disc
    3. Close the drive lid and immediately press the Stop button on the unit
    4. After a few seconds, using your remote control enter the code 8, 7, 1 and 0
    5. For Region 1 enter the code 1, for Region 2 enter 2, and so on, or for multiregion playback press the Fast Forward button
    :D

3. Alexei

Alexei

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello friend!
    Is it warm out there in your country it is 15 below 0 now here :-(
    Well, it did not work. I still get "Region code violation" on the screen, when i try to load the disk. It might be that i'm doing smth wrong, so I came up with several questions, which I hope you can answer.

1. Do I have to load any particulat disk, or it does not matter what region is it?
    2. When I close the lid and press STOP, it says NO DISC, does that mean that it has reverted all info collected from the previous disk, back to the beginning, or not?
    3. Do i need to get ant secret menu, code line, or anything, confirming, that I can change the code, after I enter 8710?
    4. I enter 87101 for the 1st region hack. Do i need to make the pause, before entering the last digit, or not?
    5. Do i need to get any confirmation on the screen, that the code was changed, or it just disappears, and all?
    6. Can I load the 1st region disk immediately, or do I have to switch it off and on, before?

Anyway, I Followed all of your instructions, and nothing happened. :-(

And I'm freezing here..........
    HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP ME!!!!!!!!!
    Brrrrrrrrr............ :)

4. Sick Note

Sick Note

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Hey Alexei
    Sorry you are having probs with the hack,it is a little tricky but stick with it.
    In answer to your questions you can put any disc in the tray and also leave a pause before entering which region code you want to play,I used the fast forward button to make the player code free till now without probs.Other than that I can´t really say any more,just keep trying.If you still don´t have any success go to www.dvdreviewer.co.uk and check out the region hack forum.:)