AIWA playing copies in black and white

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by dvdud, Feb 19, 2005.

1. dvdud

dvdud

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bought an AIWA XD-AX10 dvd player as a present for a relative and it seems to play back the majority of dvd’s (which are copies i hasten to add) in black and white. It will play the odd one in colour but this is the exception. These dvd’s play fine in two other players – one a Sony and the other a Samsung, so it would appear the Aiwa is temperamental. Two original dvd’s have been tested and they play perfectly in colour. Testing the player on my tv reproduces the same problem. It’s supposed to be able to play all formats ie –R, -RW, +R and +RW. Is this a dud or anyone know whether something can be tweaked/adjusted? Thanks for any help given

2. NX3

NX3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +332
    Are you using RGB scart ? I guess not. That would fix it I expect.

3. dvdud

dvdud

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There's only one scart socket on my tv and as i said it plays the dvds fine using two other players. Not sure what the set-up is at my brother in laws but pretty certain he's tried every connection option possible without resorting to buying any fancy and/or expensive cables which shouldn't be needed.

4. NX3

NX3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +332
    On the Awia can you et the output options in the setup ? Change that to RGB if you can. Hope your tv can do RGB. Your playing NTSC discs I imagine thats why they appear black and white. If the other players do it ok then your tv is ok, its just the awia setup.

5. dvdud

dvdud

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just a quick note to say thanks. Your hunch was right. I managed to get the remote for the player, and get into the settings and voila, after changing to RGB the films were in colour. Appreciate your help and the least i could do was get back to let you know.

6. NX3

NX3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +332
    No problem, glad its sorted :)