1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aiwa HT-DV90 Info required

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by ramjam55, Jun 23, 2004.

1. ramjam55

ramjam55

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi,

I've just bought a 2nd hand Aiwa HT-DV90 for a good price but this was due to it having problems reading DVD's. It works fine with some discs, all the time with region free discs and not at all for the majority. I think that it either has a faulty drive or the firmware settings are wrong. Could someone tell me what the firmware ( EEPROM DATA ) settings are for this. There are 15 settings - 0 to 14 which have values. You find them when you change to a different region. This will at least eliminate this as the cause. It's not to bad as I'm only using it in the games room and I have a spare DVD player to connect to it anyway bu would be nice to have it fuly working.
    my settings are currently:

41 57 42 32 30 30 30 33 FF FF FF FF 35 33 01

0 is 41 and 14 is 01 (which is region 1)

Cheers

2. 2pods

2pods

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    :(

I think it may be a bad drive.
    Mine has read everything I've ever put in.

However, after SWMBO's nephew decorated (moving the Aiwa, TV, Skybox etc WITHOUT unplugging anything) my S-video connection is going.

There's a screw on the back at the s-video and composite sockets. If I twiddle that the picture comes back, but is going again.

If you find someone who repairs these things give a me shout.

Peter

3. ramjam55

ramjam55

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Sounds like you s-video ocket just needs a few blobs of solder to secure it back on the board. Easily done if you can solder or know someone who can do this.
    I suspect the drive is at fault. I'm looking to replace it with an LG PC drive as these are compatible with the AIWA system.