Aiwa Cd Player

falsay

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have an old Aiwa multi CD player model DXM779. I want to connect it up to separate amp. The output connection is a wide connection plug. Does anyone out there know what or if this is compatible with any separate amps out there?.
Please advise, many thanks.

Attachments

• AD830590-64BF-49E3-AFC6-8685EDC54C64.jpeg
    AD830590-64BF-49E3-AFC6-8685EDC54C64.jpeg
    296.1 KB · Views: 85
  • E58B9F12-8FE9-4981-B3A2-53EE86B9E76E.jpeg
    E58B9F12-8FE9-4981-B3A2-53EE86B9E76E.jpeg
    263.2 KB · Views: 80
Welcome to the Forum

That must be a fair old age. My BIL had one and they were designed as a package making it almost impossible to wire up to a different make of amp. You would need to have the ribbon to an RCA convertor in sum shape or form.

I'll invite the maestro. Ideas Joe?

@Joe Fernand

Welcome to the Forum

That must be a fair old age. My BIL had one and they were designed as a package making it almost impossible to wire up to a different make of amp. You would need to have the ribbon to an RCA convertor in sum shape or form.

I'll invite the maestro. Ideas Joe?

@Joe Fernand
Hi again, I suppose it might help if I know the name of my ribbon plug?. So I can see if there’s any adapters out there?.
Thanks again

Is that the only connection on the rear?

No digital or analogue output?

Hi , yes that’s the only connection on back.
Thanks

If our can find a service manual you would be able to find out which of the ribbon cables were left\right and returns and solder thenm to a pair of phonos.

If our can find a service manual you would be able to find out which of the ribbon cables were left\right and returns and solder thenm to a pair of phonos.

Also, if this is the only connector, it may also supply the cd player's power from a separate dc supply (this may not be the case if the player has a separate mains feed). In this instance it would be tricky to add power somehow.

Also, if this is the only connector, it may also supply the cd player's power from a separate dc supply (this may not be the case if the player has a separate mains feed). In this instance it would be tricky to add power somehow.
OK thanks, much appreciated for all the feedback.

What RugbyAl said is correct. With this kind of system money was saved by only having one power supply, usually in the amplifier section. All the other components in the system were 'parasitic' by taking their power source from the amp in order to work. I think you are onto a loser with this project sadly.

Yes thanks you are right, it was worth exploring. Back to the drawing board!🤫

So many good CD players available and getting one with a simple RCA out then you can integrate them with any standalone stereo amp. They will also more than likely sound a lot better having more modern DACs onboard.

Yes thanks you are right, it was worth exploring. Back to the drawing board!🤫
So many good CD players available and getting one with a simple RCA out then you can integrate them with any standalone stereo amp. They will also more than likely sound a lot better having more modern DACs onboard.
Okay cheers 👍.

Aha. And bugger.

Forgot about that...

Hi not sure if you can help with this one or anyone else?.
Please?
Just bought a pioneer separate amp and CD player.
Trying to connect my Aiwa turntable to amp.
Just getting a terrible sound,
Any ideas please?.
Many thanks

Hi not sure if you can help with this one or anyone else?.
Please?
Just bought a pioneer separate amp and CD player.
Trying to connect my Aiwa turntable to amp.
Just getting a terrible sound,
Any ideas please?.
Many thanks
Hard to help if you haven't given the Aiwa TT model number and what are the connections on it. Could be anything from no photo amp in the TT to the wrong type of cart for the Pioneer. Is it MM or MC?

Have you connected to the correct RCA on the Pioneer. Again this has to be checked for what cart it supports and whether there is a phono pre-amp on the TT and I think that this may indeed be the reason for your poor sound.

Hard to help if you haven't given the Aiwa TT model number and what are the connections on it. Could be anything from no photo amp in the TT to the wrong type of cart for the Pioneer. Is it MM or MC?

Have you connected to the correct RCA on the Pioneer. Again this has to be checked for what cart it supports and whether there is a phono pre-amp on the TT and I think that this may indeed be the reason for your poor sound.
Ok just plugged into line in , seems to be ok. Sounds a bit weird to me?.
Thanks

Ok just plugged into line in , seems to be ok. Sounds a bit weird to me?.
Thanks
I not that good with TTs not having owned one since the last century. Others may be able to guide you but you do need to give a model number and if possible a photograph of the cart.

I not that good with TTs not having owned one since the last century. Others may be able to guide you but you do need to give a model number and if possible a photograph of the cart.
Hi , ok thanks for the feedback, regards.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom