1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AIW 9000 & Sanyo Z3 - cropped desktop

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by simoncha, Jan 7, 2005.

1. simoncha

simoncha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    Just hooked up my Shuttle with ATI AIW 9000 to my Sanyo Z3 PJ using a DVI to HDMI cable. The resolution is set to 'scale to panel' & is reported correctly as 1280 * 720 the display properties. However, the windows desktop is cropped all the way round with the Start button & taskbar not visible & I can't seem to do anything about it.
    Can anyone help?
    Thanks

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Not sure why 'scale to panel' isn't working but you may need to use Powerstrip to force the correct desktop resolution for 1:1 mapping.

3. simoncha

simoncha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks KraGorn. I was hoping I wouldn't need Powerstrip with the Catalyst 4 drivers but it may come to that yet. I thought first of all I'd try to solve the problem rather than work around it, so I tried a BIOS upgrade for the FN45 mainboard which is meant to provide improved support for FPD. I got the following error from Award's flash utility v816a, and I quote - 'BIOS image file ROMSIP error, please make sure memory sizing rom size added ROM destroy ROMSIP data', which as you can imagine was a big help!
    A google search on the error txt returned a handful of pages, none of them in English & babelfish didn't want to play.
    I know Shuttle barebones systems are a popular choice for HTPCs. Has anyone else seen this error before or have any idea what the hell Award are struggling to communicate in a coherent way?

4. morph42

morph42
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    You may not need powerstrip - I had the same problem with my Z3 - there is an option within the Z3 menu (when using HDMI) called overscan that is set to +10% by default - just put this to 0 and your problem should be solved.

5. simoncha

simoncha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks so much Morph, you're a star! That's just the sort of solution I was hoping for. Loaded up Powerstrip & after an initial look, I'm quite relieved that I don't have to go down that road now.
    Thanks again!

6. morph42

morph42
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    no worries - I had the same "problem" as well when I first used my Z3 - someone else on these helpful forums gave me that nugget of information........after I had spent a couple of frustrated hours trying to solve it in powerstrip etc.....