Aiw 8500 128mb

P

pcpaz

Does anyone know where I can buy one these cards?

ATI Radoen All In Wonder 8500 128MB AGP

Cheers

pcpaz

I would think the 128mb is overkill.. I have never had a prob with the 64mb card whether playing DVDs or Max Payne..

Thanks Lem

I am looking to primarily want to get the the best performance for watching DVD while connected to a normal TV, would the AIW 8500 64MB be good enough?

What the price difference between the two?

pcpaz

The memory is mainly for holding 3D textures and the like. Whilst experimenting with different systems - I used an Epia board. which has the most lame on-board graphics seen this side of the 286 era, yet I managed very respectable DVD performance out of it. In fact one company is already marketing an HCPC based on this board.

The 64Mb card will do you fine.. 3D performance is pretty good too. No quite up to the latest video cads but then it doesnt cost £300 and it does a lot more too!

So you think I would be better going for the AIW 8500DV 64MB AGP.

I suppose this has all the features of the 128MB card apart the memory.

Which card do you have and what is the picture like on a normal TV when watching DVD's and viewing the PC desktop.

pcpaz:confused:

Originally posted by Lem
The memory is mainly for holding 3D textures and the like. Whilst experimenting with different systems - I used an Epia board. which has the most lame on-board graphics seen this side of the 286 era, yet I managed very respectable DVD performance out of it. In fact one company is already marketing an HCPC based on this board.

It uses AGP x2 and a max of 8Mb shared memory!:)

EPIA 2 I think will use AGP x8 and upto 64Mb I think.

That last reply was regarding the EPIA board, not the AIW.

The AIW uses 4xAGP I believe. Displays well on TV when using a custom resolutions template under Powerstrip.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom