Airport time capsule V the cloud

loopee

Hi guys
I at the moment pay extra to have all my family videos and pictures to be stored on iPhoto and onto iCloud with all my devices
But what make the capsule different? Not sure I understand why you would buy the time capsule when you got iCloud at your finger tips?

Am I missing something? Thanks

loopee

Ah ok. I suppose that makes sense
And am I right in reading I can plug it in anywhere in my home, connect wirelessly to my internet and then it also acts as a wifi extender?

Stuartj1

Ah ok. I suppose that makes sense
And am I right in reading I can plug it in anywhere in my home, connect wirelessly to my internet and then it also acts as a wifi extender?
Even better than that it contains a 802.11ac router so you can turn off you other wifi connect the capsule to the modem and get a better wifi signal (assuming your router isn't already ac!) or you can set it up as a wifi extender.

loopee

This might be what I'm after then and kill 2 birds with one stone
As my sonos in my loft keeps dropping off the wifi, and I use a lot of iCloud space

So if I got this, I can extend my range and use the capsule to store my pics safely ??

But can I access my capsules albums, pics, videos etc on my devices off my wifi and out of he house like I cAn with iCloud?

Stuartj1

As my sonos in my loft keeps dropping off the wifi, and I use a lot of iCloud space

So if I got this, I can extend my range and use the capsule to store my pics safely ??
The storage is really meant for time machine backups of a Mac which will hold your pics in the backup. You can access the drive through a network share a store data direct. A second drive can be connected via usb which would better for storing data.

Stu

nuttyboy78

But can I access my capsules albums, pics, videos etc on my devices off my wifi and out of he house like I cAn with iCloud?

If the Sonos is the problem, all you need is a Wifi extender or better still, if you have an ethernet point closer to the Sonos than your router is, you can set up a Wireless Access Point.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips TV Launch Event, Soundbar vs AVR, Samsung EzCAL and more...
Top Bottom