Airport Lounge WiFi (Servisair)

liveforav

image-3297639584.jpg

Am I being picky??

Travelled back to scotland via Amsterdam on thurs but due to the storms my flight got cancelled and klm kindly rebooked me on one 24hr later. They provided full board hotel and airmiles plus business upgrade so they're all good in my book, however I feel 'conned' by the serviceair' lounge a schipol;

Three of us travelling on business, we leave the hotel at checkout at 12pm, rock up to the airport an hour later so loads of time to kill. Make use of the free airport wifi (1hr) so as we're on business we head to the serviceair lounge for the sole purpose of food & wifi. At that stage I didn't know I'd been upgraded so couldn't use klm lounge, no worries though as for €30 each we got food, drink & wifi. However after paying €90 we settled in and tried to login only to find they use the airport wifi which we'd already used up our quota on.

Tell me if I'm being picky and ott bt we specifically said we're in to use wifi and paid our money for that purpose. They point blank refused to accept we were mislead in any way... Here the sign, what's your thought should I put a complaint in??

Chox1988

Distinguished Member
View attachment 280540

Am I being picky??

Travelled back to scotland via Amsterdam on thurs but due to the storms my flight got cancelled and klm kindly rebooked me on one 24hr later. They provided full board hotel and airmiles plus business upgrade so they're all good in my book, however I feel 'conned' by the serviceair' lounge a schipol;

Three of us travelling on business, we leave the hotel at checkout at 12pm, rock up to the airport an hour later so loads of time to kill. Make use of the free airport wifi (1hr) so as we're on business we head to the serviceair lounge for the sole purpose of food & wifi. At that stage I didn't know I'd been upgraded so couldn't use klm lounge, no worries though as for €30 each we got food, drink & wifi. However after paying €90 we settled in and tried to login only to find they use the airport wifi which we'd already used up our quota on.

Tell me if I'm being picky and ott bt we specifically said we're in to use wifi and paid our money for that purpose. They point blank refused to accept we were mislead in any way... Here the sign, what's your thought should I put a complaint in??

Went through a similar thing at schipol in July.

Im not sure i'd bother complaining as you probably wont get anywhere (at least imo) but i'd feel aggrieved and reasonably ripped off, tbh i'd expect unlimited free wi-fi after paying to get into the lounge

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
It doesn't really help, but I just get annoyed at things were you are buying something and some part of it is 'free' - doesn't make sense to me.

You have been robbed though - for EUR 30 you get things including one hour of WiFi - you didn't get that because their system can't cope with it.

IAN P

Novice Member
47.50 Euro for taking a shower.:rotfl:

At least Dick Turpin wore a mask.

Seems like a profitable little swizz they've got going.

mooperman

Distinguished Member

At least Dick Turpin wore a mask.

Seems like a profitable little swizz they've got going.

looks like 17.50 to me...

but still, robbin' gits!!

dc8900

Distinguished Member

hey at least they included free shampoo and shower-gel! (which probably cost them about less than a €1 :thumbsdow)

at OP, do they state anywhere in the smallprint that the wifi was the airport wifi? as surely it's misleading advertising?

nonumb

Doesnt look good. My friend regularly flies through amsterdam and I'm sure you get unlimited wifi in the KLM lounge.

liveforav

dc8900 said:
hey at least they included free shampoo and shower-gel! (which probably cost them about less than a €1 :thumbsdow)

at OP, do they state anywhere in the smallprint that the wifi was the airport wifi? as surely it's misleading advertising?

No small print just that sign which the manager presented to us as 'proof' they weren't ripping us off.

Considering putting a link to this thread in my complaint email!

Last edited:

dc8900

Distinguished Member
No small print just that sign which the manager presented to us as 'proof' they went ripping us off.

Considering putting a link to this thread in my complaint email!

I had a quick look on their website booking page for the Amsterdam lounge and that seemed to also not state that the 1 hour free wifi was actually the airport wifi :thumbsdow (from what I could tell)

IronGiant

looks like 17.50 to me...

but still, robbin' gits!!

It's a special rate if you have already paid the 30 euro entrance fee, you can't have it on it's own :)

AVF Jay

Banned
Yeah that's right, sign says

This rate is only applicable when already having lounge access

My god.... With prices like that I'd expect them to wipe me after using the toilet :laugh:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom