• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Airport Express with Napster

Kitch

Just thought i would share this with everybody on here.

I'm sure alot of you guys are already aware but for the ones that are not...

Got myself a couple of the Airport Express plugs last week, this was due to me buying in to all things mac!
Connected up to network and starting enjoying itunes (Airtunes) in my lounge and upstairs through Av setup using my iphone with the remote app.

This was ok but limited to my personal situation as my itunes catolog is not over big.

Move onto Napster, this service I subcribe too for £10 per month. The question was, could I stream Napster over the Airport Express?
Not using a mac I couldn't!
So back to my neglected windows laptop, downloaded the Airfoil software, linked up to Napster with the Airfoil app and now have the full Napster catolog streaming throughout the house!
Airfoil gives me volume control to each room but can only play one source throughout (so far).

So for a budget music streamer with six million tracks to chose from you can't really go wrong (IMOA).

Thanks for reading, hope I've helped anybody who can't quite stretch to the Sonos system, this offers a cheaper alternative either short or long term.

Autopilot

Distinguished Member
Yeah a mate of mine does this after getting an airport for about £20 second hand. Can't argue with value for money like that :)

Airfoil works with just about anything too, very handy.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom