1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Airport Express / Squeezebox

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by scrapbook, Jan 1, 2005.

1. scrapbook

scrapbook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +529
    I was just wondering if there were many forum members using either of these products?

So how are you getting on with them?

The squeezebox looked expensive intially, but by the time you add in the cables required for airport express there probably isn't much in it.

Soundblaster Wireless Music looks interesting, but not sure if compatible with itunes when it is released.

2. cwick

cwick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    I'm using an Airport express, and get on ok with it. Needing to use a laptop to control it (thru iTunes) is getting a bit of a pain, so I'm going to add a Keyspan Express Remote, then I think I'll be happy with it.

Which cables are you thinking of ? I only had to spen about a fiver on an optical digital cable.

Cheers, Carl.

3. scrapbook

scrapbook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +529
    I was looking at the official apple leads...is it just a normal optical lead then than leads from the airport?

Yeah i am currently considering whether that will be a pain or not. If it is may way go for the Creative set up...comes with an LCD remote that lists all your tracks on it

Hows the signal with the airport? the problem with plugs is that they tend to be hidden away!

4. cwick

cwick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    The official Apple leads are overpriced. For the digital output, a 3.5mm to Toslink, like this, will do the job.

I have no problem with the signal - mine's stuck in the AV rack, on the end of an 8-way socket. So it's under the plasma, and surrounded by lots of electronic gubbins, but no problems with drop-out or popping or clicking. Pretty good stuff.

What's the Creative set-up ? An LCD remote with track lists sounds good ... does it work with iTunes too ?

Cheers, Carl.

5. DVDNUT

DVDNUT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Creative set-up does not work with iTunes.
    Squeezebox is good for an all in one solution.
    I use Airport Express and find it very good.
    Due to moving, I now have one of these up for sale (I now have one less room, so only need two Airport Ex).

6. pob

pob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    I have a squeezebox and love it. Easy to setup, easy to use. Simply install a small application on your PC and then select your music on the squeezebox remote.

Highly recommended.

Cheers

Phil

7. extremelydodgy

extremelydodgy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63