Question Airplay to Apple TV issues

OneManTagTeam

I’m struggling to airplay any video from my phone to my Apple TV.

I have the iPhone 11 Pro Max on latest software (14.0.1) and the Apple TV 4K (14.0.1 18J400) with Airplay set up on both and both on the same Wi-Fi network.

I can Airplay video and photos from my phone but can’t mirror my iPhone or send any video from Safari, BT Sport app or any other app to the Apple TV.

When I do try, my Apple TV screen goes black, a little circle appears like it’s connecting and then it just goes back to whatever it was showing previously. My phone then shows “not playing” under my Apple TV option in Airplay

Everything worked fine until the iOS 14 updates.

How can I fix this?

Last edited:

rousetafarian

MacrosTheBlack

I’ll have a check with my iPhone and Apple TV4k later. But have you tried the old IT proverb of off and on again?
Swipe up to show open apps and then swipe them all closed, then fully power down the iPhone and back on again after.
Same with Apple TV. Double home press and swipe closed any open apps. Then go to Settings and general I think. Do the restart option, NOT RESET.

Let us know if that helps?

MacrosTheBlack

To follow up I’ve tested airplay and screen mirroring inc Safari from my iPhone SE 2020 and Apple TV. All working fine for me and on the same latest OS versions.

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming to Netflix in November 2020: Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom