• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Airplay Mac Screen

Muck9

Established Member
I have just installed Mountain Lion and I tried to put my Mac screen on to my Apple TV3. However it doesn't fill the screen on my TV and after trying a few different resolutions etc it still doesn't work

Does anyone know how to get it full screen on my TV?

Sebastalona

Distinguished Member
I have just installed Mountain Lion and I tried to put my Mac screen on to my Apple TV3. However it doesn't fill the screen on my TV and after trying a few different resolutions etc it still doesn't work

Does anyone know how to get it full screen on my TV?

I'm just downloading ML just now, but would like to know if you have to change resolution everytime you use mirroring. Would be a pain if you have to.

dante01

Distinguished Member
If you your ATV online and connected to your HD TV via HDMI then ML should do the maths for you. The Mac's screen res should not change and what is diplayed on your TV is scaled to fit.

bpsmith

Distinguished Member
Not at my Mac now, as watching a film, but there's a tick box towards the bottom left of the screen settings pane in system prefs. Untick it.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom