Airplay 2 and Bluetooth streamer

adann

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking for a streamer that has Airplay 2 and Bluetooth - does anyone know of any?

Closest I have found is the Yamaha WXAD 10 but from what I can see is only first version of Airplay. Device will be hooked up to the Cambridge Audio AXA35 amp.

Thanks in advance.

Bluesound Node?

Looking for a streamer that has Airplay 2 and Bluetooth - does anyone know of any?

Closest I have found is the Yamaha WXAD 10 but from what I can see is only first version of Airplay. Device will be hooked up to the Cambridge Audio AXA35 amp.

Thanks in advance.
So are you wanting a streamer/DAC, ie with analogue output, rather than a pure streamer that needs to be fed to a DAC? Also, price range and any other required features?

Last edited:

Thanks in advance.
Since your amp only has analog inputs, whatever you buy as a streamer will be controlling the sound via its DAC. You will also be doing your streaming via an app. DAC quality and app quality are important considerations.

Unless you’re intent on using Airplay2 for multi room duties there is no difference between it and the original Airplay, so the WXAD-10 would be the ideal choice.

Thanks all. I don't want to spend a massive amount so think I will probably go for the WXAD 10.

Unless anyone has any other alternatives for a similar price?

Don’t the Yamaha lack gap less playback?

Lack of gapless playback support of the Yamaha is only in the specific case of streaming from online music services with its own MusicCast app.

All other cases are ok, ie, streaming your own music files with MusicCast app or streaming online music service and your own files using a gapless playback supporting UPnP/DLNA controller app (eg BubbleUPnP, mconnect Player, etc).

Having said that, gapless playback support of the streamer itself is irrelevant if the OP is only going to be using AirPlay and Bluetooth as mentioned in the title of this thread. In that case only the player app sending the audio via AirPlay or Bluetooth determines gapless,

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom