Question Airplay ‘crash’ on TU8500?

Vini

I’ve an NU8000, from a couple of years ago, in one room, and airplay works just fine... the TV is connected to structured cabling and feeds back to a managed switch. Airplay works whether the TV is wired/wireless, and works from a series of playback devices.

I’ve just bought a TU8500, and whenever I attempt to playback, say from my phone or MacBook, I get an error;

“Unable to connect ... because ... is not connected to the internet”.

BE36CD90-7E94-4083-A822-D1B913C82C79.png

A truly generic error if ever there was one.

The TV is connected as it’s pretty much only used for Netflix playback, a requirement for which, is network connectivity...

Going to “Airplay” within the TV Menu results in the TV appearing to crash, and performs what appears to be a soft reset. So at this point, I’m suspecting the issue is with the software on the TV. (Especially as I pretty much live connected to other Airplay devices)...

I’m running the latest firmware (1402.4), I believe it shipped with this. I’m toying with performing a firmware update (or reset).

Has anyone else suffered this, and/or found a solution?

Vini

I’ve reset it to factory tonight, and it’s fixed the airplay issue.

Just had to spend 4 hours messing around logging into all the apps using the stupid remote driven keyboard! Such is life!

Once again, Apple have the UX down to a tee. QR, accept on phone, bobs your uncles.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom