Airborne pigs and icy underworlds

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Bert Coules, Jun 14, 2002.

1. Bert Coules

Bert Coules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +161
    Pigs are flying, hell has frozen over. I have my AE100 back!

The period between returning the dead unit to the dealer and getting it back: exactly six weeks.

The period it apparently spent at Panasonic being repaired: three days.

The number of phone calls I've made trying to find out what the devil was going on: too many to remember.

The number of times the dealer promised to "look into matters and phone me straight back" but then did absolutely nothing: too many to remember.

The number of times I shall be patronising that particular retailer again: zero!

For the record, the repair sheet stated that "PSU B has been replaced." There's more than one PSU?

I haven't unpacked it and tried it yet...

Bert
    http://www.bertcoules.co.uk

2. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +263
    It just isn't good enough is it? My Plus projectors PSU blew up, I had it back and repaired within a week. The engineer who fixed it even put his business card in the box so I could contact him if needed.

3. Bert Coules

Bert Coules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +161
    I think it can be very difficult to decide between big-retailer discounts and the sort of security and access you get from using a local, known dealer. Of course if you're lucky you can strike up an excellent relationship with one of the big(gish) boys and reap the benefits of both sides.

In retrospect I wish I'd bought the AE100 from the only AV dealer in my (small) town, whom I've used many times over the years and where I'm well known; the price would have been several hundred pounds more than I paid, but by Thor's mighty hammer, the service would have been several thousand percent better.

Bert

4. RichardH

RichardH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Glad to hear you have it back - hope all is well with it!

"PSU B" - PSU Board?