Airbag light is on constantly (Mondeo 2002)

Captain_Danger

Hi there,

I have googled the problem regarding Mondeo airbags and all I have been able to find is airbag lights flashing. I have a constant airbag light which isn't flashing on the left side of the dashboard (near the hazard light).

Anyone know what this is (I mean I presume its an error of some kind).

Cheers,

Ben.

Solomon Grundy

Distinguished Member
It could be something as simple as a program fault, when did you last have it serviced?

Ayub

Distinguished Member
Hi there,

I have googled the problem regarding Mondeo airbags and all I have been able to find is airbag lights flashing. I have a constant airbag light which isn't flashing on the left side of the dashboard (near the hazard light).

Anyone know what this is (I mean I presume its an error of some kind).

Cheers,

Ben.

Hi Ben please give MORE details.

When did this happen

How long ago

History of car

Miss Chief

Distinguished Member
Common issue is the seatbelt pretensioners under the seat. Check the connections, happens on loads of cars.

John

I had a constant airbag light on a focus I use to own . it was a faulty sensor module which set off the pre-tensioners when I started the car on the drive one morning.
Get it looked at before you have the price of a pre-tensioner to add to your bill

IronGiant

I had the airbag light come on permanently on a Sedona and IIRC I'm fairly sure it was faulty wiring under the driver's seat that was causing it...

Dave

Bilbob

thats what the light was telling you ;)

GaryB

Distinguished Member
Well, its all a bit academic now as it looks as though my left front suspension has collapsed.

I had a 2001 Mondeo as a company car a few years ago. At the end of the contract, a friend bought it and the same thing happened to him. The spring snapped.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES '22 TV Announcement Round-up, Plus, Most Anticipated Movies of 2022 and More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom