Aira Force

iandrews

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Went up to Carlisle for the Easter weekend. While I was up there I popped into the lake district a couple of times to try and get some Over The Edge photos. On the first trip I got some rock climbers but nothing stood out. The 2nd trip was to Aira Force Waterfall by Ullswater. Think this is the best one, not only because of the water going over the edge, but the fact that I have also captured someone peering over the edge of the bridge taking a photo looking down (wasn't any of you was it!!!!).

07apredgesm.jpg

Camera: Canon S3IS
ISO: 80
Focal Length: 16mm
Shutter Speed: 1/320 Sec
Aperture: F4
Date / Time: 08/04/07 13:47 (One hour needs to be added, forget to set it forward and hour).

Lightened shadows, darkened highlights, increased the saturation, boarder added, and sharpened a touch.

Ian.

Very nice Ian. A great shot, beautiful location and spot on theme. imo. Personally I would have used a different frame treatment, but it's cracker just the same. Now I know this is going to be another tough month to choose just one photo in the poll.

:thumbsup:

I wonder if the gentleman on the bridge is in fact taking a photo that will in itself be submitted here lol.

Great shot.

KH

Fantastic!!!

Yes, very good composition indeed - you follow the guy's gaze down the falls and take in the detail on the way. Good shot!

Lovely shot.. Excellent work, The place you visited looks beautiful ....

:thumbsup:

This is a great shot iandrews I visited this place a few weeks back, but was not so fortunate with the exposure of the falls. Well done and spot on theme. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the comments. Yes, it was a lovely place, and a nice day to go with it. the Sun was out, and that helped me get a good photo of the falls.

Think I was lucky with the chap taking the photo at the same time. I took lots, and this just happened to be one of the better ones (and no, I didn't pay him to be there).

I have put a photo of what it looked like looking down into the "It's not valid thread".

Ian.

Nicely composed image but the blown water in the lower centre is distracting for me. Great composition though.

Nice stuff. So good of somebody to pose for you like that! That location looks fantastic. I can imagine that it would make a fantastic place for a moody misty black and white picture.

Hi ya

Very nice and good detail I like it:thumbsup:

Cheers Holo:smashin: :smashin:

nice shot

i was there on saturday before we headed down to ullswater but it's not me on the bridge looking down! took the family for a trip out but i was told to leave the camera at home for a change :devil:

Amazing shot: Says " over the edge " very loudly for sure:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom