Air fryer thread

leedebs

Ta
Just a generic Morrisons supermarket one taken off the shelf while queuing for a till on Saturday.

No screen, no lasers, just a basic air fryer.
Ta, have a local Morrisons near me might check it out. Does it have a name or model, price?

Thug

Looking at the Corosi one on Amazon as seems to get good reviews. Anyone on a low fat diet use these, worth it? What about using frozen chips in this, would that work ok?
If you read through this thread you will see a few of us have this make.
I love it and use mine about 5 times per week.

razy60

Looking at the Corosi one on Amazon as seems to get good reviews. Anyone on a low fat diet use these, worth it? What about using frozen chips in this, would that work ok?
Low fat diet not so much, it is healthier though, it does oven chips better than a oven, you just need to adjust your temps and time slightly.

kBm

Distinguished Member
Air fryers are designed for frozen chips! :D
15 mins from the freezer and you're done. I much prefer using frozen. Tried making chips from scratch but i was disappointed, not worth my time and effort.

Now, homemade paramentier potatoes (roast cube potatoes) drenched in garlic butter come out a treat.

Last edited:

kBm

Distinguished Member
Are there any accessories worth buying for it??
I got the Cosari accessory kit which should fit most air fryers. Is it worth it? Probably not. The baking tray is nothing more than a small cake tin ( which i have plenty of). However the little rack is very handy.

Recently i got a cheap silicone 6 hole muffin tray, cut it so i now have a 4 hole muffin tray that fits in the air fryer. Its perfect for homemade Yorkshire puddings. The air fryer is alot easier to get the oil really hot.

mitch

Distinguished Member
Air fryers are designed for frozen chips! :D
15 mins from the freezer and you're done. I much prefer using frozen. Tried making chips from scratch but i was disappointed, not worth my time and effort.

Now, homemade paramentier potatoes (roast cube potatoes) drenched in garlic butter come out a treat.
Ooh got a recipe for those potatoes?

kBm

Distinguished Member
Ooh got a recipe for those potatoes?
Based on this one, but following the guides here for homemade chips.

I cut the potatoes really small, dried them well, and used crisp and dry with garlic powder. It was around 180, for about 15 -20 mins with a proper shake up every five minutes. I used my own garlic butter, but any ready made butter will do.

I'll be having a go a patatas bravas next.

mitch

Distinguished Member
Based on this one, but following the guides here for homemade chips.

I cut the potatoes really small, dried them well, and used crisp and dry with garlic powder. It was around 180, for about 15 -20 mins with a proper shake up every five minutes. I used my own garlic butter, but any ready made butter will do.

I'll be having a go a patatas bravas next.
Let us know how you get on.

razy60

For those that are interested and or like this sort of thing, apparently there is a smart version of the Cosori it has a smart home app. Ther is a really good app for recipes its called NutriU (Philips) in the Play store.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom