Air bed / self inflating mattress recommendation

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by zed4, Jun 29, 2015.

1. zed4

zed4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,063
    Hi,

We're off camping this weekend and my air bed has split, so I need a replacement. I want something pretty good, so what do you recommend?

I've got quite a big tent (sleeping area is 215cm x 180cm) but I need something fairly compact to fit in the boot of my TVR.

I'm looking at either the Outwell Flock Excellent King, or the Outwell Cimelia Self Inflating Mattress system. I like the look of the self inflating mattress, but I'm concerned at the pack size! It appears to be three items, two mattresses and a memory foam cover, all in a bag which is quite large. I wonder if I could fit the individual items in the TVR boot, as the package size is too big.

Has anyone used either of these?

Thanks,

Dan

2. IronGiant

IronGiant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48,359
    Not on your list but aldi are doing a standard Intex double for £12.99 if they have any left. 137cm by 191cm by 22cm. I won't get a chance to test it until the weekend after next if you want a personal review :)

3. sergiup

sergiup
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,277
    We've had an Intex double (the one with an inflatable bed-frame-like-thing) for a good few years now, gets used mostly as a spare bed; no complaints at all, in fact it's more comfortable than most cheaper bed/mattress combos.

4. GarethP

GarethP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +482
    The double, self inflating mattresses aren't small. Our 10cm vango one rolls up and is a cylinder about 40cm diameter and about 70cm long. Don't really know how big the tvr boot is but it completely fills our mini convertible's boot