Air and dust filters in Optoma UHD51?

DaddyR

I've had an Optoma UHD51 installed for about 9 months and I got to wondering about air and dust filters. No good reason, just curiosity as there's a menu option to get a reminder to check them. Page 41 of the manual very clearly explains how to remove and clean them, so I followed that to find there weren't any installed. Looking at the front of the manual at the "what's in the box" section and they're not supplied.

It's not in a dusty environment and I'm not experiencing any dust or over heating issues, but I wondered if anyone has fitted filters (even simple DIY sponge or hoover bag filters)?

Sandra51

I had the same dilemma some 2 years back and after researching it found that only certain countries have them installed and need them, in fact someone suggested that adding one may cause problems with it over heating, if you are in a cooler climate like I am in the UK.

DaddyR

I had the same dilemma some 2 years back and after researching it found that only certain countries have them installed and need them, in fact someone suggested that adding one may cause problems with it over heating, if you are in a cooler climate like I am in the UK.
That's the exact thought I had, that adding one might cause an overheating problem.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom