1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AHHHH! Problem with light spill? Or a scratch?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by spikerules, Sep 17, 2005.

1. spikerules

spikerules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a BenQ 7700 (My third one!) and I'm having a problem with what I think is light spill on the left hand side of the screen. I also see a long diagonal thin lighter tint of light (only on blacks) going through the bottom left hand corner of the screen and even going further onto my wall! The first two had random lighter blobs in the middle of the screen on dark scenes and now THIS!

Maybe this is something I have introduced like a scratch on the lens, but HOW could I have done this? I'm too scared to even go near the lens!

2. spikerules

spikerules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No reply? Someone please help as I'm at my wits end!

3. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Very hard to diagnose the exact cause. The earlier problem(s) sound like dust blobs on the LCD panels or possibly within the lens assembly.

Have a close look at the front of the lens from an angle when the PJ's on. Might be something like a hair on/in there somewhere.

Beyond that, back to your dealer or BenQ I'm afraid.

:smoke:

4. spikerules

spikerules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well then....

I personally went to the BenQ head office in Hemel Hempstead and they were very gracious about their build errors with the BenQ 7700 and stated that, like any new product, there is a minor fault possibility. They gave me a replacement for the time being until they can get a new model or fix my old one. It was a light spill fault and stated that its the first they had seen, but they did say that the main fault with these PJ's is dust getting on the inside of the lens, creating blobs; as I had previously encountered.

Anyways, to cut a long story short, the two very polite engineers stated that they would do everything in their power to rectify my PJ problems and even went as far as to acknowledge their mistakes and even thank me on taking it up with them. Therefore, I retract me earlier statement about customer support, and thank BenQ for their help in this matter.

Spike

5. braindancer

braindancer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like they threatened you with a pointed stick ;)