1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ahhhh..philips philips philips!!!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Steffche, Oct 6, 2004.

1. Steffche

Steffche

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Once an owner of the mediocre 42PF9945, which I returned to the place of purchase and swapped it for the newer model 42PF9946. The difference between the two as far as picture quality goes is like day and night. So now I can say I am very happy with the PQ. I almost bought the Panasonic Vierra, but wans't overly impressed with the PQ, and could in no way justify spending the extra money when the Philips looked just as good.

Anyhow, the down side to this exchange is that the connections at teh rear of the screen are no longer scart (in Aus) so I now only have one HD VGA input and one interlaced component video input.

My question is.....where should the DVD player go, and where should the HD STB go.....VGA or CVI?

Or am I limited to only being able the connect the STB to the HD input VGA.

2. xfire

xfire

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I bought the 42PF9945 and I was not so happy with the image quality.

Really, the bad things about this Plasma are the "black management" and the "skin reproduction".

These bad things could be mitigated just viewing the Plasma from a large distance (i.e. 5 meters)

The add-on feature of the 42PF9945 wrt the 42PF9946 is the Digital Natural Motion (DNM), (which 42PF9946 haven't).

However, I'm also supposing to change the 9945 to the 9946. Since you owned both of them, I would like to ask you if the two bad thins above are eliminated with the 9946, and which are (if any) the bad things with the 9946.

Thanks in advance for your ansqer.

Bye
    xfire

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    STB Via RGBHV 15pin D-sub and DVD component would be my reconmendation....

4. Steffche

Steffche

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    IMO the 9946 was slightly better than the 9945....but it still wasn't worth the $$$ so I returned it and got a Viera instead...never had any skin blotchiness on this babe...and the black reproduction is much much better than the philips. It's still not 100%, and I am considering a calibration by a professional, and hopefully this will make me happy for once!