1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ahhhh!! Can't find suitable LCD Monitor! Help please?!

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by DragonQ, May 13, 2005.

1. DragonQ

DragonQ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having a really lousy time choosing an LCD Monitor for my PC - every time I think I've found a decent monitor, it has one flaw that I cannot be dealing with.

Can anyone recommend any good LCDs or sites that sell LCDs that fulfil the following requirements please?:

- 17"
    - 16ms or less Response Time
    - True 24-Bit Colour
    - DVI Input
    - Must be able to buy on the Internet from a UK Site.

I can't find one anywhere! All of the fancy ones that I was looking at like the Benq FP783 and the Viewsonic VP171B-2 fulfil all my needs - except they are both 6-Bit Colour!! Grrr! And I found them both for under £210 inc. delivery!

Can someone please give me some pointers or help me out in finding one that isn't majorly expensive!?

Thanks a lot.

2. peahead

peahead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +261
  3. DragonQ

DragonQ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advise, but OCUK have disabled Forum Registration...

4. DragonQ

DragonQ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've found a technically great monitor - Acer AL1721hs!

Specs:

http://www.acer.co.uk/acereuro/page...oupCtxParam=0&dctx1=17&ctx1=UK&crc=2374613185

I cannot find any reviews on the internet, but there are reviews for the "AL1721", which say the picture quality is poor and blue-tinted.

I think I'm going to cry...the sad thing is, I have bought on behalf of a friend a monitor that is just perfect in every way and is only £140 - but it has no DVI! And the same company doesn't do any DVI models under £300! If they slapped a DVI Port on it and made it £250, I'd still buy it - it's that good.

Are there NO monitors available with the specs I want? I would have thought it's not much to ask for since most gamers would want those specs. Maybe I'm not using the right search words on google..

Can someone please help me out? It'd be vastly appreciated!

5. hiwakey

hiwakey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I can't believe you haven't already tried ebuyer, cos they even have a game-on sub 16ms section for LCDs. Look there, type in DVI and there are quite a few hits.
    Sorry if your gran's sucking eggs after you read this!

6. DragonQ

DragonQ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Actually, I always shop at eBuyer and so tried them first. NONE of their DVI 17" Monitors have 8-Bit Colour.

I just had a look in the Game-On section (which I didn't notice for some reason), and some look very nice.

The Belinea 101735 and 101751 look too good to be true - but again, their Colour Depth isn't shown, PLUS there is no info on these monitors on the Belinea Website either.

The Acer AL1722HS they sell for £200 seems to be perfect too (I'm just worried it's too good to be true, you know what I mean?) - 8ms, 16.7Million Colours, DVI etc.

Can anyone find any info on the former 2 monitors? They are better value it seems than the Acer, but I am uncertain since there are no reviews...

7. Kobra

Kobra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I own 5 Acer AL1912, 19" 16ms monitors, and they are PERFECT for gaming. Paid under $289.00US for each of them.

Amazing monitors.