AHHH!! I think I screwed up my tV!

F

freesey

Okay I was messing with my speaker drivers in front of my tv cause im building a new boc for em (Yes I know stupid me!) and now there is a bloody purple spot on my tv! Is there any way to get rid of it!?!?

yes turn it off (not standby)......leave it for a while .......turn it back on ......should be ok

thank you, Im gonna leave it off till tomorrow and see what happens! If it doesnt work. oh man...Oh well time for a flat screen anyways!

If turning it off and on doesn't work (try several times), then it's worth getting an engineer round to wave his degaussing wand around the affected area(s).

Every time you switch on your TV from cold - that's not stand by - but with the big switch on the front which puts the light on, your TV will de-magnetise itself to remove colour stains on the screen, as the set manufactures know that magnetic fields can appear from a number of source - including the earth.

If the stains are bad, it might take two or three switchings to clear them - give the set 15 minutes or so to cool down before you do another one.

If they don't clear then you need a deguassing coil which you rotate in front of the screen to take away the magnetic field.

You would have to had very powerful magnets around to do any lasting damage!

Thanks everyone everything is clear again *phew* lol I was playing with some 8" woofers with some big magnets on them ;)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom